|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (imp. & p. p.) of Knit.
2. (v. t.) To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
3. (v. t.) To form, as a textile fabric, by the interlacing of yarn or thread in a series of connected loops, by means of needles, either by hand or by machinery; as, to knit stockings.
4. (v. t.) To join; to cause to grow together.
5. (v. t.) To unite closely; to connect; to engage; as, hearts knit together in love.
6. (v. t.) To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
7. (v. i.) To form a fabric by interlacing yarn or thread; to weave by making knots or loops.
8. (v. i.) To be united closely; to grow together; as, broken bones will in time knit and become sound.
9. (n.) Union knitting; texture.
Knit (11 Occurrences)
Acts 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: (KJV WBS)
Ephesians 4:16 from whom all the body, being fitted and knit together through that which every joint supplies, according to the working in measure of each individual part, makes the body increase to the building up of itself in love. (WEB ASV RSV)
Colossians 2:2 that their hearts may be comforted, they being knit together in love, and gaining all riches of the full assurance of understanding, that they may know the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, (WEB KJV ASV WBS NAS RSV)
Colossians 2:19 and not holding firmly to the Head, from whom all the body, being supplied and knit together through the joints and ligaments, grows with God's growth. (WEB KJV ASV WBS YLT RSV)
Judges 20:11 So all the men of Israel were gathered against the city, knit together as one man. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS)
1 Samuel 18:1 It happened, when he had made an end of speaking to Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV)
1 Chronicles 12:17 David went out to meet them, and answered them, "If you have come peaceably to me to help me, my heart shall be knit to you; but if you have come to betray me to my adversaries, seeing there is no wrong in my hands, may the God of our fathers look thereon, and rebuke it." (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS RSV)
Job 10:11 You have clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. (WEB JPS ASV DBY NAS RSV NIV)
Job 40:17 He moves his tail like a cedar. The sinews of his thighs are knit together. (WEB JPS ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Psalms 139:13 For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. (WEB JPS RSV NIV)
Lamentations 1:14 The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand; They are knit together, they are come up on my neck; he has made my strength to fail: The Lord has delivered me into their hands, against whom I am not able to stand. (WEB JPS ASV NAS)