|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To smear; to anoint.
2. (n.) That which fastens or holds; a lace; a snare.
3. (n.) A movable piece which holds anything in place by entering a notch or cavity; specifically, the catch which holds a door or gate when closed, though it be not bolted.
4. (n.) A latching.
5. (n.) A crossbow.
6. (n.) To catch so as to hold.
7. (n.) To catch or fasten by means of a latch.
Latch (1 Occurrence)
Song of Songs 5:4 My beloved thrust his hand in through the latch opening. My heart pounded for him. (WEB RSV NIV)