|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A hand or match at dice.
2. (n.) A stake played for at dice.
3. (n.) The largest throw in a match at dice; a throw at dice within given limits, as in the game of hazard.
4. (n.) A match at cockfighting.
5. (n.) A main-hamper.
6. (v.) Strength; force; might; violent effort.
7. (n.) The chief or principal part; the main or most important thing.
8. (n.) The great sea, as distinguished from an arm, bay, etc. ; the high sea; the ocean.
9. (n.) The continent, as distinguished from an island; the mainland.
10. (v.) principal duct or pipe, as distinguished from lesser ones; esp. (Engine.), a principal pipe leading to or from a reservoir; as, a fire main.
11. (a.) Very or extremely strong.
12. (a.) Vast; huge.
13. (a.) Unqualified; absolute; entire; sheer.
14. (a.) Principal; chief; first in size, rank, importance, etc.
15. (a.) Important; necessary.
16. (a.) Very; extremely; as, main heavy.
Main (17 Occurrences)
Matthew 22:9 Go therefore to the intersections of the highways, and as many as you may find, invite to the marriage feast.' (See NAS)
Hebrews 8:1 Now in the things which we are saying, the main point is this. We have such a high priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, (WEB NAS)
Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each of them consisting of a single pearl. And the main street of the city was made of pure gold, resembling transparent glass. (WEY)
Revelation 22:2 On either side of the river, midway between it and the main street of the city, was the Tree of Life. It produced twelve kinds of fruit, yielding a fresh crop month by month, and the leaves of the tree served as medicine for the nations. (WEY)
Genesis 2:10 And a river went out of Eden, to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became four main streams. (DBY)
Numbers 20:19 The children of Israel said to him, "We will go up by the highway; and if we drink of your water, I and my livestock, then will I give its price: let me only, without doing anything else, pass through on my feet." (See NIV)
Deuteronomy 2:27 "Let me pass through your land: I will go along by the highway, I will turn neither to the right hand nor to the left. (See NIV)
Joshua 8:13 So they set the people, even all the army who was on the north of the city, and their ambush on the west of the city; and Joshua went that night into the midst of the valley. (See RSV)
1 Kings 6:3 The porch before the temple of the house, twenty cubits was its length, according to the breadth of the house; and ten cubits was its breadth before the house. (See NIV)
1 Kings 6:5 Against the wall of the house he built stories all around, against the walls of the house all around, both of the temple and of the oracle; and he made side chambers all around. (See NIV)
1 Kings 6:33 So also made he for the entrance of the temple door posts of olive wood, out of a fourth part of the wall; (See NIV)
1 Kings 7:50 and the cups, and the snuffers, and the basins, and the spoons, and the fire pans, of pure gold; and the hinges, both for the doors of the inner house, the most holy place, and for the doors of the house, to wit, of the temple, of gold. (See NIV)
2 Chronicles 3:5 The greater house he made a ceiling with fir wood, which he overlaid with fine gold, and ornamented it with palm trees and chains. (See NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 3:13 The wings of these cherubim spread themselves forth twenty cubits: and they stood on their feet, and their faces were toward the house. (See NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 4:22 and the snuffers, and the basins, and the spoons, and the fire pans, of pure gold: and as for the entry of the house, the inner doors of it for the most holy place, and the doors of the main hall of the temple were of gold. (WEB NIV)
Ezekiel 19:14 Fire is gone out of the rods of its branches, it has devoured its fruit, so that there is in it no strong rod to be a scepter to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation. (See RSV NIV)
Daniel 11:41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown; but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. (See RSV)