|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Pertaining to, or suited for, war; military; as, martial law; a martial appearance.
2. (a.) Practiced in, or inclined to, war; warlike; brave.
3. (a.) Belonging to war, or to an army and navy; -- opposed to civil; as, martial law; a court-martial.
4. (a.) Pertaining to, or resembling, the god, or the planet, Mars.
5. (a.) Pertaining to, or containing, iron; chalybeate; as, martial preparations.
Martial (1 Occurrence)
Exodus 13:18 but God led the people around by the way of the wilderness by the Red Sea; and the children of Israel went up armed out of the land of Egypt. (See NAS)