|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (superl.) Brought by natural process to completeness of growth and development; fitted by growth and development for any function, action, or state, appropriate to its kind; full-grown; ripe.
2. (superl.) Completely worked out; fully digested or prepared; ready for action; made ready for destined application or use; perfected; as, a mature plan.
3. (superl.) of or pertaining to a condition of full development; as, a man of mature years.
4. (superl.) Come to, or in a state of, completed suppuration.
5. (v. t.) To bring or hasten to maturity; to promote ripeness in; to ripen; to complete; as, to mature one's plans.
6. (v. i.) To advance toward maturity; to become ripe; as, wine matures by age; the judgment matures by age and experience.
7. (v. i.) Hence, to become due, as a note.
Mature (11 Occurrences)
Mark 4:28 For the earth bears fruit: first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. (See NAS)
Luke 8:14 That which fell among the thorns, these are those who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. (See RSV NIV)
1 Corinthians 2:6 Yet when we are among mature believers we do speak words of wisdom; a wisdom not belonging, however, to the present age nor to the leaders of the present age who are soon to pass away. (WEY NAS RSV NIV)
1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers, don't be children in thoughts, yet in malice be babies, but in thoughts be mature. (WEB NAS RSV)
Ephesians 4:13 till we all of us arrive at oneness in faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, and at mature manhood and the stature of full-grown men in Christ. (WEY NAS RSV NIV)
Philippians 3:15 Therefore let all of us who are mature believers cherish these thoughts; and if in any respect you think differently, that also God will make clear to you. (WEY RSV NIV)
Colossians 1:28 whom we proclaim, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus; (See RSV)
Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, salutes you, always striving for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. (See RSV NIV)
Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for those who are full grown, who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving elementary instruction about the Christ, let us advance to mature manhood and not be continually re-laying a foundation of repentance from lifeless works and of faith in God, (WEY)
James 1:4 Let endurance have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (See NIV)