|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v.) To coordinate negotiations between two parties.
2. (a.) Acting by means, or by an intervening cause or instrument; not direct or immediate; acting or suffering through an intervening agent or condition.
3. (a.) Gained or effected by a medium or condition.
4. (v.) To be in the middle, or between two; to intervene.
5. (v.) To interpose between parties, as the equal friend of each, esp. for the purpose of effecting a reconciliation or agreement; as, to mediate between nations.
6. (v. t.) To effect by mediation or interposition; to bring about as a mediator, instrument, or means; as, to mediate a peace.
7. (v. t.) To divide into two equal parts.
Mediate (1 Occurrence)
1 Samuel 2:25 If one man sin against another, God shall judge him; but if a man sin against Yahweh, who shall entreat for him?" Notwithstanding, they didn't listen to the voice of their father, because Yahweh was minded to kill them. (See NAS RSV NIV)