|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The sixtieth part of an hour; sixty seconds. (Abbrev. m.; as, 4 h. 30 m.)
2. (n.) The sixtieth part of a degree; sixty seconds (Marked thus ('); as, 10 20').
3. (n.) A nautical or a geographic mile.
4. (n.) A coin; a half farthing.
5. (n.) A very small part of anything, or anything very small; a jot; a tittle.
6. (n.) A point of time; a moment.
7. (n.) The memorandum; a record; a note to preserve the memory of anything; as, to take minutes of a contract; to take minutes of a conversation or debate.
8. (n.) A fixed part of a module. See Module.
9. (a.) of or pertaining to a minute or minutes; occurring at or marking successive minutes.
10. (p. pr. & vb. n.) To set down a short sketch or note of; to jot down; to make a minute or a brief summary of.
11. (a.) Very small; little; tiny; fine; slight; slender; inconsiderable.
12. (a.) Attentive to small things; paying attention to details; critical; particular; precise; as, a minute observer; minute observation.
Minute (19 Occurrences)
Mark 9:39 "You should not have tried to hinder him," replied Jesus, "for there is no one who will use my name to perform a miracle and be able the next minute to speak evil of me. (WEY)
Mark 14:72 And in the same minute, the cock gave a second cry. And it came to Peter's mind how Jesus had said to him, Before the cock's second cry, you will say three times that you have no knowledge of me. And at this thought he was overcome with weeping. (BBE)
Luke 4:5 And he took him up and let him see all the kingdoms of the earth in a minute of time. (BBE)
Acts 11:11 And at that minute, three men, sent from Caesarea, came to the house where we were. (BBE)
Exodus 33:5 And the Lord said to Moses, Say to the children of Israel, You are a stiff-necked people: if I come among you, even for a minute, I will send destruction on you; so take off all your ornaments, so that I may see what to do with you. (BBE)
Numbers 4:20 But they themselves are not to go in to see the holy place, even for a minute, for fear of death. (BBE)
Ruth 2:7 And she said to me, Let me come into the grain-field and take up the grain after the cutters. So she came, and has been here from morning till now, without resting even for a minute. (BBE)
Job 7:18 And that your hand is on him every morning, and that you are testing him every minute? (BBE)
Job 20:5 That the pride of the sinner is short, and the joy of the evil-doer but for a minute? (BBE)
Psalms 30:5 For his wrath is only for a minute; in his grace there is life; weeping may be for a night, but joy comes in the morning. (BBE)
Proverbs 12:19 True lips are certain for ever, but a false tongue is only for a minute. (BBE)
Isaiah 28:4 And the dead flower of his glory, which is on the head of the fertile valley, will be like the first early fruit before the summer; which a man takes and puts in his mouth the minute he sees it. (BBE)
Isaiah 30:13 This sin will be to you like a crack in a high wall, causing its fall suddenly and in a minute. (BBE)
Isaiah 54:8 In overflowing wrath my face was veiled from you for a minute, but I will have pity on you for ever, says the Lord who takes up your cause. (BBE)
Isaiah 66:8 When has such a story come to men's ears? who has seen such things? will a land come to birth in one day? will a nation be given birth in a minute? For when Zion's pains came on her, she gave birth to her children straight away. (BBE)
Jeremiah 18:8 If, in that very minute, that nation of which I was talking is turned away from its evil, my purpose of doing evil to them will be changed. (BBE)
Jeremiah 18:10 If, in that very minute, it does evil in my eyes, going against my orders, then my good purpose, which I said I would do for them, will be changed. (BBE)
Ezekiel 26:16 Then all the rulers of the sea will come down from their high seats, and put away their robes and take off their clothing of needlework: they will put on the clothing of grief, they will take their seats on the earth, shaking with fear every minute and overcome with wonder at you. (BBE)
Ezekiel 32:10 And I will make a number of peoples overcome with wonder at you, and their kings will be full of fear because of you, when my sword is waved before them: they will be shaking every minute, every man fearing for his life, in the day of your fall. (BBE)