|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A title of courtesy prefixed to the name of a girl or a woman who has not been married. See Mistress.
2. (n.) A young unmarried woman or a girl; as, she is a miss of sixteen.
3. (n.) A kept mistress. See Mistress.
4. (n.) In the game of three-card loo, an extra hand, dealt on the table, which may be substituted for the hand dealt to a player.
5. (v. t.) To fail of hitting, reaching, getting, finding, seeing, hearing, etc.; as, to miss the mark one shoots at; to miss the train by being late; to miss opportunities of getting knowledge; to miss the point or meaning of something said.
6. (v. t.) To omit; to fail to have or to do; to get without; to dispense with; -- now seldom applied to persons.
7. (v. t.) To discover the absence or omission of; to feel the want of; to mourn the loss of; to want.
8. (v. i.) To fail to hit; to fly wide; to deviate from the true direction.
9. (v. i.) To fail to obtain, learn, or find; -- with of.
10. (v. i.) To go wrong; to err.
11. (v. i.) To be absent, deficient, or wanting.
12. (n.) The act of missing; failure to hit, reach, find, obtain, etc.
13. (n.) Loss; want; felt absence.
14. (n.) Mistake; error; fault.
15. (n.) Harm from mistake.
Miss (7 Occurrences)
Mark 4:13 "Do you all miss the meaning of this parable?" He added; "how then will you understand the rest of my parables?" (WEY)
Judges 20:16 Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men left-handed; everyone could sling stones at a hair-breadth, and not miss. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 20:6 If your father miss me at all, then say,'David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Bethlehem his city; for it is the yearly sacrifice there for all the family.' (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 25:15 But the men were very good to us, and we were not hurt, neither missed we anything, as long as we went with them, when we were in the fields. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Job 5:24 You shall know that your tent is in peace. You shall visit your fold, and shall miss nothing. (WEB JPS ASV DBY RSV NIV)
Proverbs 19:2 It isn't good to have zeal without knowledge; nor being hasty with one's feet and missing the way. (Root in WEB RSV NIV)
Jeremiah 3:16 It shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, says Yahweh, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of Yahweh; neither shall it come to mind; neither shall they remember it; neither shall they miss it; neither shall it be made any more. (WEB JPS ASV NAS RSV NIV)