|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The act of sending, or the state of being sent; a being sent or delegated by authority, with certain powers for transacting business; commission.
2. (n.) That with which a messenger or agent is charged; an errand; business or duty on which one is sent; a commission.
3. (n.) Persons sent; any number of persons appointed to perform any service; a delegation; an embassy.
4. (n.) An association or organization of missionaries; a station or residence of missionaries.
5. (n.) An organization for worship and work, dependent on one or more churches.
6. (n.) A course of extraordinary sermons and services at a particular place and time for the special purpose of quickening the faith and zeal participants, and of converting unbelievers.
7. (n.) Dismissal; discharge from service.
8. (v. t.) To send on a mission.
Mission (14 Occurrences)
Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent on a mission, after giving them their instructions: "Go not," He said, "among the Gentiles, and enter no Samaritan town; (WEY)
Luke 13:32 He said to them, "Go and tell that fox,'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I complete my mission. (WEB)
Acts 12:25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, having discharged their mission, and they brought with them John, surnamed Mark. (WEY NAS RSV NIV)
2 Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them that desire an occasion, that in which they boast, they may be found even as we. (See RSV)
Galatians 2:8 (for he who appointed Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision appointed me also to the Gentiles); (See RSV)
Galatians 2:9 and when they perceived the mission which was graciously entrusted to me, they (that is to say, James, Peter, and John, who were considered to be the pillars of the Church) (WEY)
Revelation 9:5 Their mission was not to kill, but to cause awful agony for five months; and this agony was like that which a scorpion inflicts when it stings a man. (WEY)
Numbers 23:20 Behold, I have received mission to bless; and he hath blessed, and I cannot reverse it. (DBY)
Joshua 22:3 You have not left your brothers these many days to this day, but have performed the duty of the commandment of Yahweh your God. (See NIV)
1 Samuel 15:18 and Yahweh sent you on a journey, and said,'Go, and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are consumed.' (See NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 15:20 Saul said to Samuel, "But I have obeyed the voice of Yahweh, and have gone the way which Yahweh sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites. (See NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 21:2 David said to Ahimelech the priest, "The king has commanded me a business, and has said to me,'Let no man know anything of the business about which I send you, and what I have commanded you; and I have appointed the young men to such and such a place.' (See NAS NIV)
Psalms 78:49 He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and distress, a mission of angels of woes. (DBY)
Isaiah 48:15 I, even I, have given the word; I have sent for him: I have made him come, and have given effect to his undertakings. (See NIV)