|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The act of mixing, or the state of being mixed; as, made by a mixture of ingredients.
2. (n.) That which results from mixing different ingredients together; a compound; as, to drink a mixture of molasses and water; -- also, a medley.
3. (n.) An ingredient entering into a mixed mass; an additional ingredient.
4. (n.) A kind of liquid medicine made up of many ingredients; esp., as opposed to solution, a liquid preparation in which the solid ingredients are not completely dissolved.
5. (n.) A mass of two or more ingredients, the particles of which are separable, independent, and uncompounded with each other, no matter how thoroughly and finely commingled; -- contrasted with a compound; thus, gunpowder is a mechanical mixture of carbon, sulphur, and niter.
6. (n.) An organ stop, comprising from two to five ranges of pipes, used only in combination with the foundation and compound stops; -- called also furniture stop. It consists of high harmonics, or overtones, of the ground tone.
Mixture (16 Occurrences)
Matthew 27:34 Here they gave Him a mixture of wine and gall to drink, but having tasted it He refused to drink it. (WEY)
John 19:39 Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred Roman pounds. (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: (KJV WBS)
Exodus 30:25 and thou hast made it a holy anointing oil, a compound mixture, work of a compounder; it is a holy anointing oil. (YLT NAS)
Leviticus 21:20 or hump-backed, or a dwarf, or with a mixture in his eye, or a scurvy person, or scabbed, or broken-testicled. (YLT)
1 Chronicles 9:30 And 'some' of the sons of the priests are mixing the mixture for spices. (YLT)
2 Chronicles 16:14 And they buried him in his own sepulchre, which he had excavated for himself in the city of David, and laid him in a bed filled with spices, a mixture of divers kinds prepared by the perfumer's art; and they made a very great burning for him. (DBY YLT)
Nehemiah 13:3 And it came to pass, when they had heard the law, that they separated from Israel all the mixed multitude. (See JPS)
Job 24:5 Lo, wild asses in a wilderness, They have gone out about their work, Seeking early for prey, A mixture for himself -- food for young ones. (YLT)
Job 41:31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: He maketh the sea like a pot of ointment. (See JPS)
Psalms 75:8 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them. (KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT)
Song of Songs 7:2 Thy waist 'is' a basin of roundness, It lacketh not the mixture, Thy body a heap of wheat, fenced with lilies, (YLT)
Isaiah 65:11 And ye 'are' those forsaking Jehovah, Who are forgetting My holy mountain, Who are setting in array for Gad a table, And who are filling for Meni a mixture. (YLT)
Ezekiel 24:10 Heap on the wood, make the fire hot, boil well the flesh, and make thick the broth, and let the bones be burned. (See JPS)
Ezekiel 30:5 Cush, and Phut, and Lud, and all the mixture, and Chub, And the sons of the land of the covenant with them by sword do fall, (YLT)
Daniel 2:43 Because thou hast seen iron mixed with miry clay, they are mixing themselves with the seed of men: and they are not adhering one with another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. (See NIV)