|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A miniature representation of a thing, with the several parts in due proportion; sometimes, a facsimile of the same size.
2. (n.) Something intended to serve, or that may serve, as a pattern of something to be made; a material representation or embodiment of an ideal; sometimes, a drawing; a plan; as, the clay model of a sculpture; the inventor's model of a machine.
3. (n.) Anything which serves, or may serve, as an example for imitation; as, a government formed on the model of the American constitution; a model of eloquence, virtue, or behavior.
4. (n.) That by which a thing is to be measured; standard.
5. (n.) Any copy, or resemblance, more or less exact.
6. (n.) A person who poses as a pattern to an artist.
7. (a.) Suitable to be taken as a model or pattern; as, a model house; a model husband.
8. (v. t.) To plan or form after a pattern; to form in model; to form a model or pattern for; to shape; to mold; to fashion; as, to model a house or a government; to model an edifice according to the plan delineated.
9. (v. i.) To make a copy or a pattern; to design or imitate forms; as, to model in wax.
Model (9 Occurrences)
Acts 7:44 "Our forefathers had the Tent of the Testimony in the Desert, built as He who spoke to Moses had instructed him to make it in imitation of the model which he had seen. (WEY DBY)
Philippians 3:17 Be imitators all together of me, brethren, and fix your eyes on those walking thus as you have us for a model; (DBY)
2 Thessalonians 3:9 not because we don't have the right, but to make ourselves an example to you, that you should imitate us. (See NAS NIV)
1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise thy youth, but be a model of the believers, in word, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. (DBY)
Titus 2:7 in all things showing yourself an example of good works; in your teaching showing integrity, seriousness, incorruptibility, (See RSV)
1 Peter 2:21 For to this have ye been called; for Christ also has suffered for you, leaving you a model that ye should follow in his steps: (DBY)
2 Kings 16:10 King Ahaz went to Damascus to meet Tiglath Pileser king of Assyria, and saw the altar that was at Damascus; and king Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest the fashion of the altar, and its pattern, according to all its workmanship. (See NAS RSV)
1 Chronicles 28:18 and for the altar of incense refined gold by weight; and gold for the pattern of the chariot, even the cherubim, that spread out their wings, and covered the ark of the covenant of Yahweh. (See NAS)
Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and tell him, Thus says the Lord Yahweh: You seal up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. (See NIV)