|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To call together; as to muster troops for inspection.
2. (n.) A show; a display.
3. (n.) An assembling or review of troops, as for parade, verification of numbers, inspection, exercise, or introduction into service.
4. (n.) The sum total of an army when assembled for review and inspection; the whole number of effective men in an army.
5. (v. t.) Any assemblage or display; a gathering.
6. (v. t.) To collect and display; to assemble, as troops for parade, inspection, exercise, or the like.
7. (v. t.) Hence: To summon together; to enroll in service; to get together.
8. (v. i.) To be gathered together for parade, inspection, exercise, or the like; to come together as parts of a force or body; as, his supporters mustered in force.
Muster (9 Occurrences)
1 Samuel 14:17 Then said Saul to the people that were with him, Muster now, and see who is gone from us. And they mustered, and behold, Jonathan and his armour-bearer were not there. (DBY NIV)
1 Kings 20:25 Muster an army, like the army that you have lost, horse for horse, and chariot for chariot. We will fight against them in the plain, and surely we will be stronger than them." He listened to their voice, and did so. (WEB NAS RSV)
1 Chronicles 23:24 These were the sons of Levi after their fathers houses, even the heads of the fathers houses of those of them that were counted, in the number of names by their polls, who did the work for the service of the house of Jehovah, from twenty years old and upward. (See JPS)
2 Chronicles 17:14 This was the numbering of them according to their fathers' houses: Of Judah, the captains of thousands: Adnah the captain, and with him mighty men of valor three hundred thousand; (See NAS RSV)
2 Chronicles 26:11 Moreover Uzziah had an army of fighting men, who went out to war by bands, according to the number of their reckoning made by Jeiel the scribe and Maaseiah the officer, under the hand of Hananiah, one of the king's captains. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Nehemiah 3:31 After him repaired Malchijah one of the goldsmiths to the house of the Nethinim, and of the merchants, over against the gate of Hammiphkad, and to the ascent of the corner. (See RSV)
Daniel 11:13 The king of the north shall return, and shall set forth a multitude greater than the former; and he shall come on at the end of the times, even of years, with a great army and with much substance. (See NIV)
Amos 2:14 Flight will perish from the swift; and the strong won't strengthen his force; neither shall the mighty deliver himself; (See NIV)
Micah 5:1 Now you shall gather yourself in troops, daughter of troops. He has laid siege against us. They will strike the judge of Israel with a rod on the cheek. (See NAS)