|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. i.) To transact business; to carry on trade.
2. (v. i.) To treat with another respecting purchase and sale or some business affair; to bargain or trade; as, to negotiate with a man for the purchase of goods or a farm.
3. (v. i.) To hold intercourse respecting a treaty, league, or convention; to treat with, respecting peace or commerce; to conduct communications or conferences.
4. (v. i.) To intrigue; to scheme.
5. (v. t.) To carry on negotiations concerning; to procure or arrange for by negotiation; as, to negotiate peace, or an exchange.
6. (v. t.) To transfer for a valuable consideration under rules of commercial law; to sell; to pass.
Negotiate (1 Occurrence)
Isaiah 36:8 And now, negotiate, I pray thee, with my lord the king of Asshur, and I give to thee two thousand horses, if thou art able to put for thee riders on them. (YLT)