|Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia|
ne-than'-el, neth'-a-nel (nethan'el, "God has given"; Nathanael; the King James Version Nethaneel, ne-than'-e-el):
(1) A chief or prince of Issachar (Numbers 1:8; Numbers 2:5; Numbers 7:18, 23; 10:15).
(2) The 4th son of Jesse (1 Chronicles 2:14).
(3) One of the trumpet-blowers before the ark when it was brought up from the house of Obededom (1 Chronicles 15:24).
(4) A Levite scribe, the father of Shemaiah (1 Chronicles 24:6).
(5) The 5th son of Obed-edom (1 Chronicles 26:4).
(6) One of the princes whom Jehoshaphat sent to teach in the cities of Judah (2 Chronicles 17:7).
(7) A Levite who gave cattle for Josiah's Passover (2 Chronicles 35:9).
(8) One of the priests who had married foreign wives (Ezra 10:22; compare 1Es 9:22).
(9) A priest registered under the high priest Joiakim (Nehemiah 12:21).
(10) A Levite musician who assisted at the dedication of the walls (Nehemiah 12:36).
John A. Lees
Nethanel (14 Occurrences)
Numbers 1:8 Of Issachar: Nethanel the son of Zuar. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
Numbers 2:5 Those who encamp next to him shall be the tribe of Issachar: and the prince of the children of Issachar shall be Nethanel the son of Zuar. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
Numbers 7:18 On the second day Nethanel the son of Zuar, prince of Issachar, gave his offering. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
Numbers 7:23 and for the sacrifice of peace offerings, two head of cattle, five rams, five male goats, five male lambs a year old. This was the offering of Nethanel the son of Zuar. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
Numbers 10:15 Nethanel the son of Zuar was over the army of the tribe of the children of Issachar. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 2:14 Nethanel the fourth, Raddai the fifth, (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 15:24 Shebaniah, and Joshaphat, and Nethanel, and Amasai, and Zechariah, and Benaiah, and Eliezer, the priests, did blow the trumpets before the ark of God: and Obed-Edom and Jehiah were doorkeepers for the ark. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 24:6 Shemaiah the son of Nethanel the scribe, who was of the Levites, wrote them in the presence of the king, and the princes, and Zadok the priest, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, and the heads of the fathers' houses of the priests and of the Levites; one fathers' house being taken for Eleazar, and one taken for Ithamar. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
1 Chronicles 26:4 Obed-Edom had sons: Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, and Sacar the fourth, and Nethanel the fifth, (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 17:7 Also in the third year of his reign he sent his princes, even Ben Hail, and Obadiah, and Zechariah, and Nethanel, and Micaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah; (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
2 Chronicles 35:9 Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethanel, his brothers, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, the chiefs of the Levites, gave to the Levites for the Passover offerings five thousand small livestock, and five hundred head of cattle. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
Ezra 10:22 Of the sons of Pashhur: Elioenai, Maaseiah, Ishmael, Nethanel, Jozabad, and Elasah. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 12:21 of Hilkiah, Hashabiah; of Jedaiah, Nethanel. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 12:36 and his brothers, Shemaiah, and Azarel, Milalai, Gilalai, Maai, Nethanel, and Judah, Hanani, with the musical instruments of David the man of God; and Ezra the scribe was before them. (WEB JPS ASV BBE NAS NIV)