|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Point.
2. (n.) The act of sharpening.
3. (n.) The act of designating, as a position or direction, by means of something pointed, as a finger or a rod.
4. (n.) The act or art of punctuating; punctuation.
5. (n.) The act of filling and finishing the joints in masonry with mortar, cement, etc.; also, the material so used.
6. (n.) The rubbing off of the point of the wheat grain in the first process of high milling.
7. (n.) The act or process of measuring, at the various distances from the surface of a block of marble, the surface of a future piece of statuary; also, a process used in cutting the statue from the artist's model.
Pointing (13 Occurrences)
Matthew 12:49 And pointing to His disciples He added, "See here are my mother and my brothers. (WEY NIV)
Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out of the Temple, and on the way his disciples came to him, pointing out the buildings of the Temple. (BBE)
John 12:33 (This he said, pointing to the sort of death he would have.) (BBE)
John 18:32 (That the word of Jesus might come true, pointing to the sort of death he would have.) (BBE)
John 21:19 Now this he said, pointing out the sort of death by which he would give God glory. And after saying this, he said to him, Come after me. (BBE)
Acts 17:3 which he clearly explained, pointing out that it had been necessary for the Christ to suffer and rise again from the dead, and insisting, "The Jesus whom I am announcing to you is the Christ." (WEY)
1 Corinthians 12:31 But let your desires be turned to the more important things given by the Spirit. And now I am pointing out to you an even better way. (BBE)
2 Corinthians 9:2 For I know your earnest willingness, on account of which I habitually boast of you to the Macedonians, pointing out to them that for a whole year you in Greece have been ready; and the greater number of them have been spurred on by your ardour. (WEY)
1 Timothy 4:6 If you instruct the brothers of these things, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, nourished in the words of the faith, and of the good doctrine which you have followed. (See NAS)
1 Timothy 5:24 Some men's sins are evident, preceding them to judgment, and some also follow later. (See RSV)
1 Peter 1:11 Attempting to see what sort of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them was pointing to, when it gave witness to the pains which Christ would undergo and the glories which would come after them. (BBE NIV)
1 Samuel 20:33 And Saul, pointing his spear at him, made an attempt to give him a wound: from which it was clear to Jonathan that his father's purpose was to put David to death. (BBE)
Isaiah 58:9 Then at the sound of your voice, the Lord will give an answer; at your cry he will say, Here am I. If you take away from among you the yoke, the putting out of the finger of shame, and the evil word; (See NAS RSV NIV)