|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Emitting or proceeding as from a center; resembling rays; radiating; radiate.
2. (a.) Especially, emitting or darting rays of light or heat; issuing in beams or rays; beaming with brightness; emitting a vivid light or splendor; as, the radiant sun.
3. (a.) Beaming with vivacity and happiness; as, a radiant face.
4. (a.) Giving off rays; -- said of a bearing; as, the sun radiant; a crown radiant.
5. (a.) Having a ray like appearance, as the large marginal flowers of certain umbelliferous plants; -- said also of the cluster which has such marginal flowers.
6. (n.) The luminous point or object from which light emanates; also, a body radiating light brightly.
7. (n.) A straight line proceeding from a given point, or fixed pole, about which it is conceived to revolve.
8. (n.) The point in the heavens at which the apparent paths of shooting stars meet, when traced backward, or whence they appear to radiate.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
ra'-di-ant (nahar, "to sparkle" i.e. (figurative) be cheerful; hence (from the sheen of a running stream), to flow, i.e. (figurative) assemble; flow (together), be lightened): the American Standard Revised Version substitutes the active "radiant" for the passive "were lightened" in Psalm 34:5 Isaiah 60:5 (English Revised Version, the King James Version "flow together"). As the earth and moon, both being dark, face a common sun and lighten each other, they are not only lightened, but radiant. So with the believers, "They looked unto him (Yahweh), and were radiant." Thus nahar combines the two ideas of being lightened and flowing together. This appears, also, in a different connection, in Isaiah 60:5, "Then thou shalt see and be radiant." "It is liquid light-light that ripples and sparkles and runs across the face;.... the light which a face catches from sparkling water" (G.A. Smith, Isaiah, II, 430).
M. O. Evans
Radiant (14 Occurrences)
Mark 9:3 His clothing became glistening, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them. (See NAS)
Luke 9:29 And while He was praying the appearance of His face underwent a change, and His clothing became white and radiant. (WEY)
2 Corinthians 3:18 And all of us, with unveiled faces, reflecting like bright mirrors the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same likeness, from one degree of radiant holiness to another, even as derived from the Lord the Spirit. (WEY)
2 Corinthians 4:6 For God who said, "Out of darkness let light shine," is He who has shone in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory, which is radiant on the face of Christ. (WEY)
Ephesians 5:27 that he might present the assembly to himself gloriously, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (See NIV)
Exodus 34:29 It happened, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mountain, that Moses didn't know that the skin of his face shone by reason of his speaking with him. (See NIV)
Exodus 34:30 When Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come near him. (See NIV)
Exodus 34:35 The children of Israel saw Moses' face, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the veil on his face again, until he went in to speak with him. (See NIV)
Psalms 19:8 Yahweh's precepts are right, rejoicing the heart. Yahweh's commandment is pure, enlightening the eyes. (See NIV)
Psalms 34:5 They looked to him, and were radiant. Their faces shall never be covered with shame. (WEB JPS ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Song of Songs 5:10 My loved one is white and red, the chief among ten thousand. (See RSV NIV)
Isaiah 60:5 Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall thrill and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you. (WEB JPS ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 43:2 Behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shined with his glory. (See NIV)
Daniel 10:8 So I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me; for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength. (See RSV)