|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To keep back; to retain; not to deliver, make over, or disclose.
2. (v. t.) Hence, to keep in store for future or special use; to withhold from present use for another purpose or time; to keep; to retain.
3. (v. t.) To make an exception of; to except.
4. (n.) The act of reserving, or keeping back; reservation.
5. (n.) That which is reserved, or kept back, as for future use.
6. (n.) That which is excepted; exception.
7. (n.) Restraint of freedom in words or actions; backwardness; caution in personal behavior.
8. (n.) A tract of land reserved, or set apart, for a particular purpose; as, the Connecticut Reserve in Ohio, originally set apart for the school fund of Connecticut; the Clergy Reserves in Canada, for the support of the clergy.
9. (n.) A body of troops in the rear of an army drawn up for battle, reserved to support the other lines as occasion may require; a force or body of troops kept for an exigency.
10. (n.) Funds kept on hand to meet liabilities.
Reserve (15 Occurrences)
Matthew 18:31 His fellow servants, therefore, seeing what had happened, were exceedingly angry; and they came and told their master without reserve all that had happened. (WEY)
Acts 13:46 Then, throwing off all reserve, Paul and Barnabas said, "We were bound to proclaim God's Message to you first. But since you spurn it and judge yourselves to be unworthy of the Life of the Ages--well, we turn to the Gentiles. (WEY)
Acts 19:18 Many also of those who believed came confessing without reserve what their conduct had been, (WEY)
Romans 15:19 with power manifested in signs and marvels, and through the power of the Holy Spirit. But--to speak simply of my own labours--beginning in Jerusalem and the outlying districts, I have proclaimed without reserve, even as far as Illyricum, the Good News of the Christ; (WEY)
2 Corinthians 3:12 Therefore, cherishing a hope like this, we speak without reserve, and we do not imitate Moses, (WEY)
Hebrews 10:26 For if we wilfully persist in sin after having received the full knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains in reserve any other sacrifice for sins. (WEY)
2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: (KJV WBS)
Genesis 41:36 The food will be for a store to the land against the seven years of famine, which will be in the land of Egypt; that the land not perish through the famine." (See NAS RSV NIV)
Deuteronomy 32:34 Is it not laid up with Me? Sealed among My treasures? (See NIV)
1 Kings 19:18 Yet will I leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth which has not kissed him." (See NIV)
Job 20:26 All darkness is laid up for his treasures; a fire not blown by man shall consume him; it shall go ill with him that is left in his tent. (See NAS)
Proverbs 5:2 that you may maintain discretion, that your lips may preserve knowledge. (Root in WEB JPS ASV DBY NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 3:5 Will he reserve his anger for ever? will he keep it to the end? Behold, thou hast spoken and done evil things as thou couldest. (KJV DBY)
Jeremiah 50:20 In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve. (KJV WBS)
Amos 2:4 Thus said Jehovah: For three transgressions of Judah, And for four, I do not reserve it, Because of their loathing the law of Jehovah, And His statutes they have not kept, And their lies do cause them to err, After which their fathers did walk, (YLT)