|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) That which returns, or comes back, from an investment; the annual rents, profits, interest, or issues of any species of property, real or personal; income.
2. (n.) Hence, return; reward; as, a revenue of praise.
3. (n.) The annual yield of taxes, excise, customs, duties, rents, etc., which a nation, state, or municipality collects and receives into the treasury for public use.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(1) appethom, "revenue or income" (Ezra 4:13 the King James Version);
(2) tebhu'ah, "increase," "revenue" (Proverbs 8:19; Proverbs 15:6 Isaiah 23:3 Jeremiah 12:13); prosodos, "income" (2 Maccabees 3:3; 4:8 (the Revised Version (British and American) "fund"); 9:16).
Revenue (10 Occurrences)
Romans 13:7 Give therefore to everyone what you owe: taxes to whom taxes are due; customs to whom customs; respect to whom respect; honor to whom honor. (See RSV NIV)
2 Kings 8:6 And the king asked the woman, and she told him. And the king appointed a certain chamberlain, saying, Restore all that was hers, and all the revenue of the land since the day that she left the country even until now. (DBY)
Ezra 4:13 Be it known now unto the king, that, if this city be builded, and the walls set up again, then will they not pay toll, tribute, and custom, and so thou shalt endamage the revenue of the kings. (KJV JPS WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Proverbs 3:14 For the gain thereof is better than the gain of silver, and her revenue than fine gold. (DBY)
Proverbs 8:19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. (KJV ASV DBY WBS)
Proverbs 10:16 The labour of a righteous man tendeth to life; the revenue of a wicked man, to sin. (DBY)
Proverbs 14:4 Where there are no oxen, their food-place is clean; but much increase comes through the strength of the ox. (See NAS)
Proverbs 15:6 In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble. (Root in KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
Isaiah 23:3 On great waters, the seed of the Shihor, the harvest of the Nile, was her revenue. She was the market of nations. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 33:18 Your heart will give thought to the cause of your fear: where is the scribe, where is he who made a record of the payments, where is he by whom the towers were numbered? (See NIV)