|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A name formerly given to various dry Spanish wines.
2. (n.) A bag for holding and carrying goods of any kind; a receptacle made of some kind of pliable material, as cloth, leather, and the like; a large pouch.
3. (n.) A measure of varying capacity, according to local usage and the substance. The American sack of salt is 215 pounds; the sack of wheat, two bushels.
4. (n.) Originally, a loosely hanging garment for women, worn like a cloak about the shoulders, and serving as a decorative appendage to the gown; now, an outer garment with sleeves, worn by women; as, a dressing sack.
5. (n.) A sack coat; a kind of coat worn by men, and extending from top to bottom without a cross seam.
6. (n.) See 2d Sac, 2.
7. (n.) Bed.
8. (v. t.) To put in a sack; to bag; as, to sack corn.
9. (v. t.) To bear or carry in a sack upon the back or the shoulders.
10. (n.) The pillage or plunder, as of a town or city; the storm and plunder of a town; devastation; ravage.
11. (v. t.) To plunder or pillage, as a town or city; to devastate; to ravage.
Sack (15 Occurrences)
Luke 10:4 Carry neither purse, nor sack, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. (WBS)
Luke 22:35 And he said to them, When I sent you without purse, and sack, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. (WBS)
Luke 22:36 Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. (WBS)
Genesis 42:25 Then Joseph gave a command to fill their bags with grain, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them food for the way. So it was done to them. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 42:27 As one of them opened his sack to give his donkey food in the lodging place, he saw his money. Behold, it was in the mouth of his sack. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 42:28 He said to his brothers, "My money is restored! Behold, it is in my sack!" Their hearts failed them, and they turned trembling one to another, saying, "What is this that God has done to us?" (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 42:35 It happened as they emptied their sacks, that behold, every man's bundle of money was in his sack. When they and their father saw their bundles of money, they were afraid. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 43:21 When we came to the lodging place, we opened our sacks, and behold, every man's money was in the mouth of his sack, our money in full weight. We have brought it back in our hand. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 44:1 He commanded the steward of his house, saying, "Fill the men's sacks with food, as much as they can carry, and put every man's money in his sack's mouth. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 44:2 Put my cup, the silver cup, in the sack's mouth of the youngest, with his grain money." He did according to the word that Joseph had spoken. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 44:11 Then they hurried, and every man took his sack down to the ground, and every man opened his sack. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Genesis 44:12 He searched, beginning with the eldest, and ending at the youngest. The cup was found in Benjamin's sack. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Leviticus 11:32 On whatever any of them falls when they are dead, it shall be unclean; whether it is any vessel of wood, or clothing, or skin, or sack, whatever vessel it is, with which any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the evening; then it will be clean. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 9:7 Then said Saul to his servant, "But, behold, if we go, what shall we bring the man? For the bread is spent in our vessels, and there is not a present to bring to the man of God. What do we have?" (See NAS RSV NIV)
2 Kings 4:42 A man from Baal Shalishah came, and brought the man of God bread of the first fruits, twenty loaves of barley, and fresh ears of grain in his sack. He said, "Give to the people, that they may eat." (WEB JPS ASV DBY NAS RSV)