|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A seat for a rider, -- usually made of leather, padded to span comfortably a horse's back, furnished with stirrups for the rider's feet to rest in, and fastened in place with a girth; also, a seat for the rider on a bicycle or tricycle.
2. (n.) A padded part of a harness which is worn on a horse's back, being fastened in place with a girth. It serves various purposes, as to keep the breeching in place, carry guides for the reins, etc.
3. (n.) A piece of meat containing a part of the backbone of an animal with the ribs on each side; as, a saddle of mutton, of venison, etc.
4. (n.) A block of wood, usually fastened to some spar, and shaped to receive the end of another spar.
5. (n.) A part, as a flange, which is hollowed out to fit upon a convex surface and serve as a means of attachment or support.
6. (n.) The clitellus of an earthworm.
7. (n.) The threshold of a door, when a separate piece from the floor or landing; -- so called because it spans and covers the joint between two floors.
8. (v. t.) To put a saddle upon; to equip (a beast) for riding.
9. (v. t.) Hence: To fix as a charge or burden upon; to load; to encumber; as, to saddle a town with the expense of bridges and highways.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
sad'-'-l: As noun (merkabh, "a riding seat") the word occurs in Leviticus 15:9 (margin "carriage"); ordinarily it is used as a verb (chabhash, literally, to "bind up" or "gird about"), to saddle an ass (Genesis 22:3 Numbers 22:21 Judges 19:10, etc.).
Saddle (7 Occurrences)
Genesis 31:34 Now Rachel had taken the teraphim, put them in the camel's saddle, and sat on them. Laban felt about all the tent, but didn't find them. (WEB JPS ASV DBY NAS RSV NIV)
Leviticus 15:9 "'Whatever saddle he who has the discharge rides on shall be unclean. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS YLT NAS RSV)
Judges 5:10 "Tell of it, you who ride on white donkeys, you who sit on rich carpets, and you who walk by the way. (See NIV)
2 Samuel 19:26 He answered, "My lord, O king, my servant deceived me. For your servant said, I will saddle me a donkey, that I may ride thereon, and go with the king; because your servant is lame. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
1 Kings 13:13 He said to his sons, "Saddle the donkey for me." So they saddled the donkey for him; and he rode on it. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
1 Kings 13:27 He spoke to his sons, saying, "Saddle the donkey for me." They saddled it. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 27:20 Dedan was your trafficker in precious cloths for riding. (See NAS RSV NIV)