|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (interj.) Hail!
2. (v. t.) To say Salve to; to greet; to salute.
3. (n.) An adhesive composition or substance to be applied to wounds or sores; a healing ointment.
4. (n.) A soothing remedy or antidote.
5. (n.) To heal by applications or medicaments; to cure by remedial treatment; to apply salve to; as, to salve a wound.
6. (n.) To heal; to remedy; to cure; to make good; to soothe, as with an ointment, especially by some device, trick, or quibble; to gloss over.
7. (v. t. & i.) To save, as a ship or goods, from the perils of the sea.
Salve (1 Occurrence)
Revelation 3:18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see. (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)