|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v.) imp. of See.
2. (v. t.) Something said; speech; discourse.
3. (n.) A saying; a proverb; a maxim.
4. (v. t.) Dictate; command; decree.
5. (n.) An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of the material by cutting and tearing.
6. (v. t.) To cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw timber or marble.
7. (v. t.) To form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles; to saw out a panel.
8. (v. t.) Also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
9. (v. i.) To use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
10. (v. i.) To cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
11. (v. i.) To be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
12. (imp.) of See
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Saw (6047 Occurrences)
Saw is used 6047 times in 12 translations.
You can narrow your search using the Advanced Bible Search.