|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A bed of oysters or mussels.
2. (n.) That part of the integument of the head which is usually covered with hair.
3. (n.) A part of the skin of the head, with the hair attached, cut or torn off from an enemy by the Indian warriors of North America, as a token of victory.
4. (n.) Fig.: The top; the summit.
5. (v. t.) To deprive of the scalp; to cut or tear the scalp from the head of.
6. (v. t.) To remove the skin of.
7. (v. t.) To brush the hairs or fuzz from, as wheat grains, in the process of high milling.
8. (v. i.) To make a small, quick profit by slight fluctuations of the market; -- said of brokers who operate in this way on their own account.
Scalp (3 Occurrences)
Leviticus 13:41 If his hair has fallen off from the front part of his head, he is forehead bald. He is clean. (See NIV)
Psalms 68:21 But God will strike through the head of his enemies, the hairy scalp of such a one as still continues in his guiltiness. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
Isaiah 3:17 therefore the Lord brings sores on the crown of the head of the women of Zion, and Yahweh will make their scalps bald." (Root in WEB NAS NIV)