|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A combination of things connected and adjusted by design; a system.
2. (n.) A plan or theory something to be done; a design; a project; as, to form a scheme.
3. (n.) Any lineal or mathematical diagram; an outline.
4. (n.) A representation of the aspects of the celestial bodies for any moment or at a given event.
5. (v. t.) To make a scheme of; to plan; to design; to project; to plot.
6. (v. i.) To form a scheme or schemes.
Scheme (10 Occurrences)
Acts 5:38 And now I tell you to hold aloof from these men and leave them alone--for if this scheme or work is of human origin, it will come to nothing. (WEY)
Esther 8:3 And Esther spoke yet again before the king, and fell down at his feet, and besought him with tears to put away the mischief of Haman the Agagite, and his device that he had devised against the Jews. (See NAS)
Esther 9:25 but when this became known to the king, he commanded by letters that his wicked device, which he had devised against the Jews, should return on his own head, and that he and his sons should be hanged on the gallows. (See NAS NIV)
Job 18:7 The steps of his strength shall be shortened. His own counsel shall cast him down. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Psalms 26:10 in whose hands is wickedness, their right hand is full of bribes. (See NAS NIV)
Psalms 31:13 For I have heard the slander of many, terror on every side, while they conspire together against me, they plot to take away my life. (See NAS RSV)
Ecclesiastes 7:25 I turned around, and my heart sought to know and to search out, and to seek wisdom and the scheme of things, and to know that wickedness is stupidity, and that foolishness is madness. (WEB NIV)
Ecclesiastes 7:27 Behold, this have I found, says the Preacher, one to another, to find out the scheme; (WEB NIV)
Ezekiel 38:10 Thus says the Lord Yahweh: It shall happen in that day, that things shall come into your mind, and you shall devise an evil device: (See RSV NIV)
Micah 2:1 Woe to those who devise iniquity and work evil on their beds! When the morning is light, they practice it, because it is in the power of their hand. (See NAS)