|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) One who, or that which, searches or examines; a seeker; an inquirer; an examiner; a trier.
2. (n.) Formerly, an officer in London appointed to examine the bodies of the dead, and report the cause of death.
3. (n.) An officer of the customs whose business it is to search ships, merchandise, luggage, etc.
4. (n.) An inspector of leather.
5. (n.) An instrument for examining the bore of a cannon, to detect cavities.
6. (n.) An implement for sampling butter; a butter trier.
7. (n.) An instrument for feeling after calculi in the bladder, etc.
Searcher (6 Occurrences)
Acts 15:8 And God, the searcher of hearts, was a witness to them, giving them the Holy Spirit even as he did to us; (BBE)
Romans 3:11 Not one who has the knowledge of what is right, not one who is a searcher after God; (BBE)
Romans 8:27 and the Searcher of hearts knows what the Spirit's meaning is, because His intercessions for God's people are in harmony with God's will. (WEY BBE)
1 Chronicles 28:9 And you, Solomon my son, get knowledge of the God of your father, and be his servant with a true heart and with a strong desire, for the Lord is the searcher of all hearts, and has knowledge of all the designs of men's thoughts; if you make search for him, he will be near you; but if you are turned away from him, he will give you up for ever. (BBE)
1 Chronicles 29:17 And I am conscious, my God, that you are the searcher of hearts, taking pleasure in righteousness. As for me, with an upright heart I have freely given all these things; and I have seen with joy your people who are here to make their offerings freely to you. (BBE)
Jeremiah 17:10 I the Lord am the searcher of the heart, the tester of the thoughts, so that I may give to every man the reward of his ways, in keeping with the fruit of his doings. (BBE)