|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The quality or state of being severe.
2. (n.) Gravity or austerity; extreme strictness; rigor; harshness; as, the severity of a reprimand or a reproof; severity of discipline or government; severity of penalties.
3. (n.) The quality or power of distressing or paining; extreme degree; extremity; intensity; inclemency; as, the severity of pain or anguish; the severity of cold or heat; the severity of the winter.
4. (n.) Harshness; cruel treatment; sharpness of punishment; as, severity practiced on prisoners of war.
5. (n.) Exactness; rigorousness; strictness; as, the severity of a test.
Severity (7 Occurrences)
Matthew 24:51 he will treat him with the utmost severity and assign him a place among the hypocrites: there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. (WEY)
Romans 11:22 See then the goodness and severity of God. Toward those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness; otherwise you also will be cut off. (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)
2 Corinthians 13:10 On this account I write these things being absent, that being present I may not use severity according to the authority which the Lord has given me for building up, and not for overthrowing. (DBY NAS)
Colossians 2:23 Which things indeed appear like wisdom in self-imposed worship, and humility, and severity to the body; but aren't of any value against the indulgence of the flesh. (WEB WEY ASV RSV)
Leviticus 25:43 You shall not rule over him with harshness, but shall fear your God. (See NAS)
Leviticus 25:46 You may make them an inheritance for your children after you, to hold for a possession; of them may you take your slaves forever: but over your brothers the children of Israel you shall not rule, one over another, with harshness. (See NAS)
Leviticus 25:53 As a servant hired year by year shall he be with him: he shall not rule with harshness over him in your sight. (See NAS)