|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) To form or create; especially, to mold or make into a particular form; to give proper form or figure to.
2. (n.) To adapt to a purpose; to regulate; to adjust; to direct; as, to shape the course of a vessel.
3. (n.) To image; to conceive; to body forth.
4. (n.) To design; to prepare; to plan; to arrange.
5. (v. i.) To suit; to be adjusted or conformable.
6. (n.) Character or construction of a thing as determining its external appearance; outward aspect; make; figure; form; guise; as, the shape of a tree; the shape of the head; an elegant shape.
7. (n.) That which has form or figure; a figure; an appearance; a being.
8. (n.) A model; a pattern; a mold.
9. (n.) Form of embodiment, as in words; form, as of thought or conception; concrete embodiment or example, as of some quality.
10. (n.) Dress for disguise; guise.
11. (n.) A rolled or hammered piece, as a bar, beam, angle iron, etc., having a cross section different from merchant bar.
12. (n.) A piece which has been roughly forged nearly to the form it will receive when completely forged or fitted.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
shap: In the King James Version the translation of eidos, "form," "appearance" (Luke 3:22 John 5:37), and of homoioma, "likeness," "resemblance" (Revelation 9:7). The meaning of these words is not so much "tangible shape," in which sense we use the word in modern English, but rather "aspect," "appearance," the looks of a thing or a person. This is even the case where the word is joined with the adjective somatikos, "bodily" as in the passage Luke 3:22, "The Holy Spirit descended in a bodily form (i.e. "in a corporeal appearance," the King James Version "in a bodily shape"), as a dove, upon him." The second passage also refers to the "appearance" of God, and cannot therefore be regarded as material shape: "Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form" (the King James Version "shape") (John 5:37). As has been seen from the above quotations, the Revised Version (British and American) which retains the translation "shape" for homoioma, has translated eidos with "form," which also serves to render several other Greek synonyms, such as morphe (Mark 16:12 Philippians 2:6 f), morphosis (Romans 2:20 2 Timothy 3:5), tupos (the Revised Version margin "pattern" Romans 6:17), and hupotuposis (the Revised Version (British and American) "pattern," 2 Timothy 1:13). In the King James Version The Wisdom of Solomon 18:1 "shape" translates morphe, the Revised Version (British and American) "form."
H. L. E. Luering
Shape (17 Occurrences)
Mark 14:59 But not even in this shape was their testimony consistent. (WEY)
Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. (KJV WEY WBS)
John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (KJV DBY WBS)
1 Peter 1:14 And, since you delight in obedience, do not shape your lives by the cravings which used to dominate you in the time of your ignorance, (WEY)
Exodus 32:4 He received what they handed him, and fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made it a molten calf; and they said, "These are your gods, Israel, which brought you up out of the land of Egypt." (See NIV)
Exodus 32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them. They have made themselves a molten calf, and have worshiped it, and have sacrificed to it, and said,'These are your gods, Israel, which brought you up out of the land of Egypt.'" (See NIV)
Deuteronomy 4:16 Lest you corrupt yourselves, and make yourself an engraved image in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, (See NIV)
Deuteronomy 9:16 I looked, and behold, you had sinned against Yahweh your God; you had made yourselves a molten calf: you had turned aside quickly out of the way which Yahweh had commanded you. (See NIV)
1 Kings 6:18 There was cedar on the house within, carved with buds and open flowers: all was cedar; there was no stone seen. (See NAS)
1 Kings 6:25 The other cherub was ten cubits: both the cherubim were of one measure and one form. (See NIV)
1 Kings 7:19 The capitals that were on the top of the pillars in the porch were of lily work, four cubits. (See NIV)
1 Kings 7:22 On the top of the pillars was lily work: so was the work of the pillars finished. (See NIV)
1 Kings 7:23 He made the molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and its height was five cubits; and a line of thirty cubits encircled it. (See NIV)
1 Kings 7:37 After this manner he made the ten bases: all of them had one casting, one measure, and one form. (See NIV)
2 Kings 17:16 They forsook all the commandments of Yahweh their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made an Asherah, and worshiped all the army of the sky, and served Baal. (See NIV)
2 Chronicles 4:2 Also he made the molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass; and its height was five cubits; and a line of thirty cubits encircled it. (See NIV)
Job 38:14 It is changed as clay under the seal, and stands forth as a garment. (See NIV)