|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) to cut off closely, as with a razor; as, to shave the beard.
2. (v. t.) To cut or pare off from the surface of a body with a razor or other edged instrument
3. (v. t.) To make bare or smooth by cutting off closely the surface, or surface covering, of; especially, to remove the hair from with a razor or other sharp instrument; to take off the beard or hair of; as, to shave the face or the crown of the head; he shaved himself.
4. (v. t.) To cut off thin slices from; to cut in thin slices.
5. (v. t.) To skim along or near the surface of; to pass close to, or touch lightly, in passing.
6. (v. t.) To strip; to plunder; to fleece.
7. (v. i.) To use a razor for removing the beard; to cut closely; hence, to be hard and severe in a bargain; to practice extortion; to cheat.
8. (n.) A thin slice; a shaving.
9. (n.) A cutting of the beard; the operation of shaving.
10. (n.) An exorbitant discount on a note.
11. (n.) A premium paid for an extension of the time of delivery or payment, or for the right to vary a stock contract in any particular.
12. (n.) A hand tool consisting of a sharp blade with a handle at each end; a drawing knife; a spokeshave.
13. (n.) The act of passing very near to, so as almost to graze; as, the bullet missed by a close shave.
Shave (19 Occurrences)
Acts 21:24 Take them, and purify yourself with them, and pay their expenses for them, that they may shave their heads. Then all will know that there is no truth in the things that they have been informed about you, but that you yourself also walk keeping the law. (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Leviticus 13:33 then he shall be shaved, but he shall not shave the itch; and the priest shall shut him up who has the itch seven more days. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Leviticus 14:8 "He who is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes, and shave off all his hair, and bathe himself in water; and he shall be clean. After that he shall come into the camp, but shall dwell outside his tent seven days. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Leviticus 14:9 It shall be on the seventh day, that he shall shave all his hair off his head and his beard and his eyebrows, even all his hair he shall shave off. He shall wash his clothes, and he shall bathe his body in water, then he shall be clean. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Leviticus 19:27 ye shall not shave the corners of your head round, neither shalt thou mutilate the corners of thy beard. (DBY)
Leviticus 21:5 "'They shall not shave their heads, neither shall they shave off the corners of their beards, nor make any cuttings in their flesh. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Numbers 6:9 "'If any man dies very suddenly beside him, and he defiles the head of his separation; then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing. On the seventh day he shall shave it. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Numbers 6:18 The Nazirite shall shave the head of his separation at the door of the Tent of Meeting, and shall take the hair of the head of his separation, and put it on the fire which is under the sacrifice of peace offerings. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Numbers 8:7 You shall do this to them, to cleanse them: sprinkle the water of cleansing on them, let them shave their whole bodies with a razor, and let them wash their clothes, and cleanse themselves. (WEB KJV WBS NIV)
Deuteronomy 14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead. (See NAS NIV)
Deuteronomy 21:12 then you shall bring her home to your house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Judges 16:19 She made him sleep on her knees; and she called for a man, and shaved off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 7:20 In that day the Lord will shave with a razor that is hired in the parts beyond the River, even with the king of Assyria, the head and the hair of the feet; and it shall also consume the beard. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Jeremiah 16:6 Both the great and the small shall die in this land; they shall not be buried; neither shall men lament for them, nor cut themselves, nor make themselves bald for them; (See NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 47:5 Baldness is come on Gaza; Ashkelon is brought to nothing, the remnant of their valley: how long will you cut yourself? (See NIV)
Ezekiel 5:1 And thou, son of man, take to thee a sharp weapon, the barber's razor thou dost take to thee, and thou hast caused 'it' to pass over thy head, and over thy beard, and thou hast taken to thee weighing scales, and apportioned them. (See NIV)
Ezekiel 44:20 Neither shall they shave their heads, nor allow their locks to grow long; they shall only cut off the hair of their heads. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Amos 8:10 I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will make you wear sackcloth on all your bodies, and baldness on every head. I will make it like the mourning for an only son, and its end like a bitter day. (See NIV)
Micah 1:16 Shave your heads, and cut off your hair for the children of your delight. Enlarge your baldness like the vulture; for they have gone into captivity from you! (WEB YLT NIV)