|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) In general, a large, broad piece of anything thin, as paper, cloth, etc.; a broad, thin portion of any substance; an expanded superficies.
2. (n.) A broad piece of cloth, usually linen or cotton, used for wrapping the body or for a covering; especially, one used as an article of bedding next to the body.
3. (n.) A broad piece of paper, whether folded or unfolded, whether blank or written or printed upon; hence, a letter; a newspaper, etc.
4. (n.) A single signature of a book or a pamphlet;
5. (n.) The book itself.
6. (n.) A broad, thinly expanded portion of metal or other substance; as, a sheet of copper, of glass, or the like; a plate; a leaf.
7. (n.) A broad expanse of water, or the like.
8. (n.) A sail.
9. (n.) An extensive bed of an eruptive rock intruded between, or overlying, other strata.
10. (n.) A rope or chain which regulates the angle of adjustment of a sail in relation in relation to the wind; -- usually attached to the lower corner of a sail, or to a yard or a boom.
11. (n.) The space in the forward or the after part of a boat where there are no rowers; as, fore sheets; stern sheets.
12. (v. t.) To furnish with a sheet or sheets; to wrap in, or cover with, a sheet, or as with a sheet.
13. (v. t.) To expand, as a sheet.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
shet. See DRESS; compare Acts 10:11, "as it were a great sheet" (othone).
Sheet (9 Occurrences)
Matthew 27:59 So Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean sheet of fine linen. (WEY)
Mark 14:51 A certain young man followed him, having a linen cloth thrown around himself, over his naked body. The young men grabbed him, (See NAS)
Mark 14:52 but he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked. (See NAS)
Mark 15:46 He, having bought a sheet of linen, took Him down, wrapped Him in the sheet and laid Him in a tomb hewn in the rock; after which he rolled a stone against the entrance to the tomb. (WEY)
Luke 23:53 Then, taking it down, he wrapped it in a linen sheet and laid it in a tomb in the rock, where no one else had yet been put. (WEY)
Acts 10:11 He saw heaven opened and a certain container descending to him, like a great sheet let down by four corners on the earth, (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Acts 10:16 This was done three times, and immediately the vessel was received up into heaven. (See NIV)
Acts 11:5 "I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision: a certain container descending, like it was a great sheet let down from heaven by four corners. It came as far as me. (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 25:7 And in this mountain he will put an end to the shade covering the face of all peoples, and the veil which is stretched over all nations. (See NIV)