|Easton's Bible Dictionary|
Whom Jehovah repays.
(1.) Ezra 10:39.
(2.) The father of Hananiah (Nehemiah 3:30).
(3.) A priest in the time of Nehemiah (13:13).
(4.) Father of one of those who accused Jeremiah to Zedekiah (Jeremiah 37:3; 38:1).
(5.) Father of a captain of the ward (Jeremiah 37:13).
(6.) Jeremiah 36:14.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
shel-e-mi'-a, she-lem'-ya (shelemyah; Codex Vaticanus Selemia, Codex Alexandrinus (Selemias):
(1) One of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in the time of Ezra (Ezra 10:39), called "Selemias" in 1 Esdras 9:34.
(2) Father of Hananiah who restored part of the wall of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 3:30) (Codex Vaticanus Telemia,..., Telemias). (3) A priest who was appointed one of the treasurers to distribute the Levitical tithes by Nehemiah (Nehemiah 13:13).
(4) The father of Jehucal (or Jucal) in the reign of Zedekiah (Jeremiah 37:3; Jeremiah 38:1; in the second passage the name is Shelemyahu).
(5) The father of Irijah, the captain of the ward, who arrested Jeremiah as a deserter to the Chaldeans (Jeremiah 37:13).
(6) 1 Chronicles 26:14.
(7) Another of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in the time of Ezra (Ezra 10:41). It is of interest to note that the order of names in this passage-Sharai, Azarel, and Shelemiah-is almost identical with the names in Jeremiah 36:26, namely, Seraiah, Azriel, Shelemiah.
(8) Ancestor of Jehudi (Jeremiah 36:14).
(9) Septuagint omits.) Son of Abdeel, one of the men sent by Jehoiakim to seize Baruch and Jeremiah after Baruch had read the "roll" in the king's presence (Jeremiah 36:26).
Horace J. Wolf
Shelemiah (10 Occurrences)
1 Chronicles 26:14 The lot eastward fell to Shelemiah. Then for Zechariah his son, a wise counselor, they cast lots; and his lot came out northward. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 10:39 and Shelemiah, and Nathan, and Adaiah, (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Ezra 10:41 Azarel, and Shelemiah, Shemariah, (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 3:30 After him repaired Hananiah the son of Shelemiah, and Hanun the sixth son of Zalaph, another portion. After him repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah over against his chamber. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Nehemiah 13:13 I made treasurers over the treasuries, Shelemiah the priest, and Zadok the scribe, and of the Levites, Pedaiah: and next to them was Hanan the son of Zaccur, the son of Mattaniah; for they were counted faithful, and their business was to distribute to their brothers. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 36:14 Therefore all the princes sent Jehudi the son of Nethaniah, the son of Shelemiah, the son of Cushi, to Baruch, saying, Take in your hand the scroll in which you have read in the ears of the people, and come. So Baruch the son of Neriah took the scroll in his hand, and came to them. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 36:26 The king commanded Jerahmeel the king's son, and Seraiah the son of Azriel, and Shelemiah the son of Abdeel, to take Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet; but Yahweh hid them. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 37:3 Zedekiah the king sent Jehucal the son of Shelemiah, and Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah, the priest, to the prophet Jeremiah, saying, Pray now to Yahweh our God for us. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 37:13 When he was in the gate of Benjamin, a captain of the guard was there, whose name was Irijah, the son of Shelemiah, the son of Hananiah; and he laid hold on Jeremiah the prophet, saying, You are falling away to the Chaldeans. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Jeremiah 38:1 Shephatiah the son of Mattan, and Gedaliah the son of Pashhur, and Jucal the son of Shelemiah, and Pashhur the son of Malchijah, heard the words that Jeremiah spoke to all the people, saying, (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS NIV)