|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. i.) To wrinkle, bend, or curl; to shrivel; hence, to contract into a less extent or compass; to gather together; to become compacted.
2. (v. i.) To withdraw or retire, as from danger; to decline action from fear; to recoil, as in fear, horror, or distress.
3. (v. i.) To express fear, horror, or pain by contracting the body, or part of it; to shudder; to quake.
4. (v. t.) To cause to contract or shrink; as, to shrink finnel by immersing it in boiling water.
5. (v. t.) To draw back; to withdraw.
6. (n.) The act shrinking; shrinkage; contraction; also, recoil; withdrawal.
Shrink (10 Occurrences)
Acts 20:20 how I didn't shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, teaching you publicly and from house to house, (WEB NAS RSV)
Acts 20:27 for I didn't shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God. (WEB NAS RSV)
Hebrews 10:38 But the righteous will live by faith. If he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him." (Root in WEB WEY ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the saving of the soul. (WEB WEY ASV NAS RSV NIV)
1 John 2:28 And now, dear children, continue in union with Him; so that, if He re-appears, we may have perfect confidence, and may not shrink away in shame from His presence at His Coming. (WEY NAS RSV)
Revelation 12:11 But they have gained the victory over him because of the blood of the Lamb and of the testimony which they have borne, and because they held their lives cheap and did not shrink even from death. (WEY NIV)
Numbers 5:21 then the priest shall adjure the woman with the oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman: Jehovah make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when Jehovah doth make thy thigh to shrink, and thy belly to swell; (DBY)
Numbers 5:22 and this water that bringeth the curse shall enter into thy bowels, to make the belly to swell, and the thigh to shrink. And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. (DBY)
Numbers 5:27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, if she have been defiled, and have committed unfaithfulness against her husband, that the water that bringeth the curse shall enter into her, for bitterness, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall shrink; and the woman shall become a curse among her people. (DBY)
Nahum 3:7 It will happen that all those who look at you will flee from you, and say,'Nineveh is laid waste! Who will mourn for her?' Where will I seek comforters for you?" (See NAS RSV)