|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Inconsiderable; unimportant; insignificant; not severe; weak; gentle; -- applied in a great variety of circumstances; as, a slight (i. e., feeble) effort; a slight (i. e., perishable) structure; a slight (i. e., not deep) impression; a slight (i. e., not convincing) argument; a slight (i. e., not thorough) examination; slight (i. e., not severe) pain, and the like.
2. (n.) Sleight.
3. (v. t.) To overthrow; to demolish.
4. (v. t.) To make even or level.
5. (v. t.) To throw heedlessly.
6. (superl.) Not stout or heavy; slender.
7. (superl.) Foolish; silly; weak in intellect.
8. (v. t.) To disregard, as of little value and unworthy of notice; to make light of; as, to slight the divine commands.
9. (n.) The act of slighting; the manifestation of a moderate degree of contempt, as by neglect or oversight; neglect; indignity.
10. (adv.) Slightly.
Slight (13 Occurrences)
1 Corinthians 16:11 Therefore let no one slight him, but all of you should help him forward in peace to join me; for I am waiting for him and others of the brethren. (WEY)
2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is for the moment, works for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory; (See RSV)
Galatians 4:14 and my temptation, which was in my flesh, ye did not slight nor reject with contempt; but ye received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus. (DBY)
1 Timothy 6:2 and those having believing masters, let them not slight 'them', because they are brethren, but rather let them serve, because they are stedfast and beloved, who of the benefit are partaking. These things be teaching and exhorting; (YLT)
2 Samuel 19:43 And the men of Israel answered the men of Judah and said, I have ten parts in the king and I have also more right in David than thou; and why didst thou slight me? and was not my advice the first, to bring back my king? And the words of the men of Judah were harsher than the words of the men of Israel. (DBY)
2 Kings 3:18 This is but a light thing in the sight of Yahweh. He will also deliver the Moabites into your hand. (See NAS)
Job 4:16 It stood still; I could not discern the appearance thereof: a form was before mine eyes; I heard a slight murmur and a voice: (DBY)
Proverbs 1:25 And ye slight all my counsel, And my reproof ye have not desired. (YLT)
Proverbs 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and slight not. (YLT)
Isaiah 7:13 And he said, Give ear now, O family of David: is it not enough that you are driving men to disgust? will you do the same to my God? (See NAS)
Ezekiel 8:17 Then he said to me, Have you seen this, son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have turned again to provoke me to anger: and behold, they put the branch to their nose. (See RSV)
Ezekiel 13:10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there is no peace; and when one buildeth up a wall, behold, they daub it with untempered mortar : (See JPS)
Ezekiel 34:18 Does it seem a small thing to you to have fed on the good pasture, but you must tread down with your feet the residue of your pasture? and to have drunk of the clear waters, but you must foul the residue with your feet? (See NAS)