|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The relationship of men to one another when associated in any way; companionship; fellowship; company.
2. (n.) Connection; participation; partnership.
3. (n.) A number of persons associated for any temporary or permanent object; an association for mutual or joint usefulness, pleasure, or profit; a social union; a partnership; as, a missionary society.
4. (n.) The persons, collectively considered, who live in any region or at any period; any community of individuals who are united together by a common bond of nearness or intercourse; those who recognize each other as associates, friends, and acquaintances.
5. (n.) Specifically, the more cultivated portion of any community in its social relations and influences; those who mutually give receive formal entertainments.
Society (4 Occurrences)
Luke 6:22 "Blessed are you when men shall hate you and exclude you from their society and insult you, and spurn your very names as evil things, for the Son of Man's sake. (WEY)
Acts 24:5 For this man, in our opinion, is a cause of trouble, a maker of attacks on the government among Jews through all the empire, and a chief mover in the society of the Nazarenes: (BBE)
Titus 3:10 A man whose opinions are not those of the church, after a first and second protest, is to be kept out of your society; (BBE)
Exodus 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty; but by my name Jehovah I was not known to them. (See JPS)