|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) Any one of several species of flatfishes of the genus Solea and allied genera of the family Soleidae, especially the common European species (Solea vulgaris), which is a valuable food fish.
2. (n.) Any one of several American flounders somewhat resembling the true sole in form or quality, as the California sole (Lepidopsetta bilineata), the long-finned sole (Glyptocephalus zachirus), and other species.
3. (n.) The bottom of the foot; hence, also, rarely, the foot itself.
4. (n.) The bottom of a shoe or boot, or the piece of leather which constitutes the bottom.
5. (n.) The bottom or lower part of anything, or that on which anything rests in standing.
6. (n.) The bottom of the body of a plow; -- called also slade; also, the bottom of a furrow.
7. (n.) The horny substance under a horse's foot, which protects the more tender parts.
8. (n.) The bottom of an embrasure.
9. (n.) A piece of timber attached to the lower part of the rudder, to make it even with the false keel.
10. (n.) The seat or bottom of a mine; -- applied to horizontal veins or lodes.
11. (v. t.) To furnish with a sole; as, to sole a shoe.
12. (a.) Being or acting without another; single; individual; only.
13. (a.) Single; unmarried; as, a feme sole.
Sole (13 Occurrences)
Genesis 8:9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark. (KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS)
Deuteronomy 2:5 don't contend with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as for the sole of the foot to tread on; because I have given Mount Seir to Esau for a possession. (WEB JPS ASV YLT RSV)
Deuteronomy 11:24 Every place whereon the sole of your foot shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness, and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even to the hinder sea shall be your border. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)
Deuteronomy 28:35 Yahweh will strike you in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore boil, of which you can not be healed, from the sole of your foot to the crown of your head. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Deuteronomy 28:56 The tender and delicate woman among you, who would not adventure to set the sole of her foot on the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Deuteronomy 28:65 Among these nations you shall find no ease, and there shall be no rest for the sole of your foot: but Yahweh will give you there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and pining of soul; (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Joshua 1:3 I have given you every place that the sole of your foot will tread on, as I told Moses. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)
2 Samuel 14:25 Now in all Israel there was none to be so much praised as Absalom for his beauty: from the sole of his foot even to the crown of his head there was no blemish in him. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
2 Kings 19:24 I have dug and drunk strange waters, and with the sole of my feet will I dry up all the rivers of Egypt.' (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Job 2:7 So Satan went forth from the presence of Yahweh, and struck Job with painful sores from the sole of his foot to his head. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 1:6 From the sole of the foot even to the head there is no soundness in it: wounds, welts, and open sores. They haven't been closed, neither bandaged, neither soothed with oil. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 37:25 I have dug and drunk water, and with the sole of my feet I will dry up all the rivers of Egypt." (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 1:7 Their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot; and they sparkled like burnished brass. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV)