|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Having the constituent parts so compact, or so firmly adhering, as to resist the impression or penetration of other bodies; having a fixed form; hard; firm; compact; -- opposed to fluid and liquid or to plastic, like clay, or to incompact, like sand.
2. (a.) Not hollow; full of matter; as, a solid globe or cone, as distinguished from a hollow one; not spongy; dense; hence, sometimes, heavy.
3. (a.) Having all the geometrical dimensions; cubic; as, a solid foot contains 1,728 solid inches.
4. (a.) Firm; compact; strong; stable; unyielding; as, a solid pier; a solid pile; a solid wall.
5. (a.) Applied to a compound word whose parts are closely united and form an unbroken word; -- opposed to hyphened.
6. (a.) Fig.: Worthy of credit, trust, or esteem; substantial, as opposed to frivolous or fallacious; weighty; firm; strong; valid; just; genuine.
7. (a.) Sound; not weakly; as, a solid constitution of body.
8. (a.) of a fleshy, uniform, undivided substance, as a bulb or root; not spongy or hollow within, as a stem.
9. (a.) Impenetrable; resisting or excluding any other material particle or atom from any given portion of space; -- applied to the supposed ultimate particles of matter.
10. (a.) Not having the lines separated by leads; not open.
11. (a.) United; without division; unanimous; as, the delegation is solid for a candidate.
12. (n.) A substance that is held in a fixed form by cohesion among its particles; a substance not fluid.
13. (n.) A magnitude which has length, breadth, and thickness; a part of space bounded on all sides.
Solid (13 Occurrences)
Matthew 27:60 He then laid it in his own new tomb which he had hewn in the solid rock, and after rolling a great stone against the door of the tomb he went home. (WEY)
1 Corinthians 3:2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food, since for this you were not yet strong enough. And even now you are not strong enough: (WEY NAS RSV NIV)
Colossians 2:5 For although, as you say, I am absent from you in body, yet in spirit I am present with you and am delighted to witness your good discipline and the solid front presented by your faith in Christ. (WEY)
1 Timothy 6:19 storing up for themselves that which shall be a solid foundation for the future, that they may lay hold of the Life which is life indeed. (WEY)
2 Timothy 2:19 Yet God's solid foundation stands unmoved, bearing this inscription, "The Lord knows those who really belong to Him." And this also, "Let every one who names the Name of the Lord renounce all wickedness." (WEY NIV)
Hebrews 5:12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you again need to have someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the oracles of God. You have come to need milk, and not solid food. (WEB WEY ASV BBE DBY NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for those who are full grown, who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil. (WEB WEY ASV BBE DBY NAS RSV NIV)
Revelation 21:18 The solid fabric of the wall was jasper; and the city itself was made of gold, resembling transparent glass. (WEY)
Genesis 1:6 And God said, Let there be a solid arch stretching over the waters, parting the waters from the waters. (BBE)
Exodus 15:8 By your breath the waves were massed together, the flowing waters were lifted up like a pillar; the deep waters became solid in the heart of the sea. (BBE)
Numbers 4:6 and shall put a covering of sealskin on it, and shall spread over it a cloth all of blue, and shall put in its poles. (See NIV)
1 Chronicles 23:29 and for the bread of the arrangement, and for fine flour for present, and for the thin unleavened cakes, and for 'the work of' the pan, and for that which is fried, and for all 'liquid' measure and 'solid' measure; (YLT)
2 Chronicles 4:21 and the flowers, and the lamps, and the tongs, of gold, and that perfect gold; (See NIV)