|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v.) imp. of Spit.
2. (n.) A young oyster or other bivalve mollusk, both before and after it first becomes adherent, or such young, collectively.
3. (v. i. & t.) To emit spawn; to emit, as spawn.
4. (n.) A light blow with something flat.
5. (n.) Hence, a petty combat, esp. a verbal one; a little quarrel, dispute, or dissension.
6. (v. i.) To dispute.
7. (v. t.) To slap, as with the open hand; to clap together; as the hands.
8. (p. p.) of Spit
Spat (7 Occurrences)
Matthew 26:67 Then they spat in His face, and struck Him--some with the fist, some with the open hand-- (WEY NAS RSV)
Matthew 27:30 They spat on him, and took the reed and struck him on the head. (WEB WEY ASV NAS RSV)
Mark 7:33 He took him aside from the multitude, privately, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spat, and touched his tongue. (WEB WEY ASV RSV)
Mark 15:19 They struck his head with a reed, and spat on him, and bowing their knees, did homage to him. (WEB ASV DBY RSV)
John 9:6 When he had said this, he spat on the ground, made mud with the saliva, anointed the blind man's eyes with the mud, (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY YLT NAS RSV)
Numbers 12:14 And Jehovah said to Moses, But had her father anyways spat in her face, should she not be shamed seven days? She shall be shut outside the camp seven days, and afterwards she shall be received in again. (DBY YLT)
Deuteronomy 25:9 Then hath his brother's wife drawn nigh unto him, before the eyes of the elders, and drawn his shoe from off his foot, and spat in his face, and answered and said, Thus it is done to the man who doth not build up the house of his brother; (YLT)