|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A biological grouping of similar organisms able to breed among themselves; a conception subordinated to another conception, called a genus, or generic conception, from which it differs in containing or comprehending more attributes, and extending to fewer individuals. Thus, man is a species, under animal as a genus; and man, in its turn, may be regarded as a genus with respect to European, American, or the like, as species.
2. (n.) Visible or sensible presentation; appearance; a sensible percept received by the imagination; an image.
3. (n.) In science, a more or less permanent group of existing things or beings, associated according to attributes, or properties determined by scientific observation.
4. (n.) A sort; a kind; a variety; as, a species of low cunning; a species of generosity; a species of cloth.
5. (n.) Coin, or coined silver, gold, or other metal, used as a circulating medium; specie.
6. (n.) A public spectacle or exhibition.
7. (n.) A component part of compound medicine; a simple.
8. (n.) An officinal mixture or compound powder of any kind; esp., one used for making an aromatic tea or tisane; a tea mixture.
9. (n.) The form or shape given to materials; fashion or shape; form; figure.
Species (1 Occurrence)
James 3:7 For every species both of beasts and of birds, both of creeping things and of sea animals, is tamed and has been tamed by the human species; (DBY NAS)