|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A sort of very large nail; also, a piece of pointed iron set with points upward or outward.
2. (n.) Anything resembling such a nail in shape.
3. (n.) An ear of corn or grain.
4. (n.) A kind of flower cluster in which sessile flowers are arranged on an unbranched elongated axis.
5. (v. t.) To fasten with spikes, or long, large nails; as, to spike down planks.
6. (v. t.) To set or furnish with spikes.
7. (v. t.) To fix on a spike.
8. (v. t.) To stop the vent of (a gun or cannon) by driving a spike nail, or the like into it.
9. (n.) Spike lavender. See Lavender.
Spike (1 Occurrence)
Job 41:2 Wilt thou put a rush-rope into his nose, and pierce his jaw with a spike? (DBY)