|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To draw out, and twist into threads, either by the hand or machinery; as, to spin wool, cotton, or flax; to spin goat's hair; to produce by drawing out and twisting a fibrous material.
2. (v. t.) To draw out tediously; to form by a slow process, or by degrees; to extend to a great length; -- with out; as, to spin out large volumes on a subject.
3. (v. t.) To protract; to spend by delays; as, to spin out the day in idleness.
4. (v. t.) To cause to turn round rapidly; to whirl; to twirl; as, to spin a top.
5. (v. t.) To form (a web, a cocoon, silk, or the like) from threads produced by the extrusion of a viscid, transparent liquid, which hardens on coming into contact with the air; -- said of the spider, the silkworm, etc.
6. (v. t.) To shape, as malleable sheet metal, into a hollow form, by bending or buckling it by pressing against it with a smooth hand tool or roller while the metal revolves, as in a lathe.
7. (v. i.) To practice spinning; to work at drawing and twisting threads; to make yarn or thread from fiber; as, the woman knows how to spin; a machine or jenny spins with great exactness.
8. (v. i.) To move round rapidly; to whirl; to revolve, as a top or a spindle, about its axis.
9. (v. i.) To stream or issue in a thread or a small current or jet; as, blood spins from a vein.
10. (v. i.) To move swiftly; as, to spin along the road in a carriage, on a bicycle, etc.
11. (n.) The act of spinning; as, the spin of a top; a spin a bicycle.
12. (n.) Velocity of rotation about some specified axis.
Spin (4 Occurrences)
Matthew 6:28 Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don't toil, neither do they spin, (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow. They don't toil, neither do they spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. (WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Exodus 35:25 And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. (KJV JPS ASV)
Isaiah 59:5 They hatch basilisks' eggs, and weave the spider's web; he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper. (See NIV)