|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A small shoot or twig of a tree or other plant; a spray; as, a sprig of laurel or of parsley.
2. (n.) A youth; a lad; -- used humorously or in slight disparagement.
3. (n.) A brad, or nail without a head.
4. (n.) A small eyebolt ragged or barbed at the point.
5. (v. t.) To mark or adorn with the representation of small branches; to work with sprigs; as, to sprig muslin.
Sprig (1 Occurrence)
Ezekiel 17:22 Thus says the Lord Yahweh: I will also take of the lofty top of the cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the topmost of its young twigs a tender one, and I will plant it on a high and lofty mountain: (See NAS RSV NIV)