|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) The adult male of the red deer (Cervus elaphus), a large European species closely related to the American elk, or wapiti.
2. (n.) The male of certain other species of large deer.
3. (n.) A colt, or filly; also, a romping girl.
4. (n.) A castrated bull; -- called also bull stag, and bull seg.
5. (n.) An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
6. (n.) One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
7. (n.) The European wren.
8. (v. i.) To act as a stag, or irregular dealer in stocks.
9. (v. t.) To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
Stag (5 Occurrences)
Deuteronomy 14:5 the hart, and the gazelle, and the stag, and the wild goat, and the dishon and the oryx, and the wild sheep. (DBY)
Proverbs 7:22 The simple man goes after her, like an ox going to its death, like a roe pulled by a cord; (See RSV)
Song of Songs 2:9 My beloved is like a gazelle or a young hart; behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh in through the windows, he peereth through the lattice. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Song of Songs 2:17 Till the evening comes, and the sky slowly becomes dark, come, my loved one, and be like a roe on the mountains of Bether. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Song of Songs 8:14 Come away, my beloved! Be like a gazelle or a young stag on the mountains of spices! (WEB NAS RSV NIV)