|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. i.) To strike beat, or press forcibly with the bottom of the foot, or by thrusting the foot downward.
2. (v. i.) To bring down (the foot) forcibly on the ground or floor; as, he stamped his foot with rage.
3. (v. i.) To crush; to pulverize; specifically (Metal.), to crush by the blow of a heavy stamp, as ore in a mill.
4. (v. i.) To impress with some mark or figure; as, to stamp a plate with arms or initials.
5. (v. i.) Fig.: To impress; to imprint; to fix deeply; as, to stamp virtuous principles on the heart.
6. (v. i.) To cut out, bend, or indent, as paper, sheet metal, etc., into various forms, by a blow or suddenly applied pressure with a stamp or die, etc.; to mint; to coin.
7. (v. i.) To put a stamp on, as for postage; as, to stamp a letter; to stamp a legal document.
8. (v. i.) To strike; to beat; to crush.
9. (v. i.) To strike the foot forcibly downward.
10. (n.) The act of stamping, as with the foot.
11. (n.) The which stamps; any instrument for making impressions on other bodies, as a die.
12. (n.) The mark made by stamping; a mark imprinted; an impression.
13. (n.) that which is marked; a thing stamped.
14. (n.) A picture cut in wood or metal, or made by impression; a cut; a plate.
15. (n.) An official mark set upon things chargeable with a duty or tax to government, as evidence that the duty or tax is paid; as, the stamp on a bill of exchange.
16. (v. t.) Hence, a stamped or printed device, issued by the government at a fixed price, and required by law to be affixed to, or stamped on, certain papers, as evidence that the government dues are paid; as, a postage stamp; a receipt stamp, etc.
17. (n.) An instrument for cutting out, or shaping, materials, as paper, leather, etc., by a downward pressure.
18. (n.) A character or reputation, good or bad, fixed on anything as if by an imprinted mark; current value; authority; as, these persons have the stamp of dishonesty; the Scriptures bear the stamp of a divine origin.
19. (v. t.) Make; cast; form; character; as, a man of the same stamp, or of a different stamp.
20. (n.) A kind of heavy hammer, or pestle, raised by water or steam power, for beating ores to powder; anything like a pestle, used for pounding or bathing.
21. (n.) A half-penny.
22. (v. t.) Money, esp. paper money.
Stamp (25 Occurrences)
Matthew 27:66 So they went, and made safe the place where his body was, putting a stamp on the stone, and the watchmen were with them. (BBE)
Romans 16:18 For men of that stamp are not bondservants of Christ our Lord, but are slaves to their own appetites; and by their plausible words and their flattery they utterly deceive the minds of the simple. (WEY)
2 Corinthians 1:22 And it is he who has put his stamp on us, even the Spirit, as the sign in our hearts of the coming glory. (BBE)
2 Corinthians 11:13 For men of this stamp are sham apostles, dishonest workmen, assuming the garb of Apostles of Christ. (WEY)
2 Timothy 2:17 and their teaching will spread like a running sore. Hymenaeus and Philetus are men of that stamp. (WEY)
Hebrews 1:3 Who, being the outshining of his glory, the true image of his substance, supporting all things by the word of his power, having given himself as an offering making clean from sins, took his seat at the right hand of God in heaven; (See RSV)
Revelation 6:3 And when the second stamp was undone, the voice of the second beast came to my ears, saying, Come and see. (BBE)
Revelation 6:5 And when the third stamp was undone, the voice of the third beast came to my ears, saying, Come and see. And I saw a black horse; and he who was seated on it had scales in his hand. (BBE)
Revelation 6:7 And when the fourth stamp was undone, the voice of the fourth beast came to my ears, saying, Come and see. (BBE)
Revelation 6:9 And when the fifth stamp was undone, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been put to death for the word of God, and for the witness which they kept. (BBE)
Revelation 6:12 And I saw when the sixth stamp was undone, and there was a great earth-shock; and the sun became black as haircloth, and all the moon became as blood; (BBE)
Revelation 8:1 And when the seventh stamp was undone there was quiet in heaven for about half an hour. (BBE)
Exodus 28:11 With the work of a jeweller, like the cutting of a stamp, the names of the children of Israel are to be cut on them, and they are to be fixed in twisted frames of gold. (BBE)
Exodus 28:21 The jewels are to be twelve in number, for the names of the children of Israel; every jewel having the name of one of the twelve tribes cut on it as on a stamp. (BBE)
Exodus 28:36 You are to make a plate of the best gold, cutting on it, as on a stamp, these words: HOLY TO THE LORD. (BBE)
Exodus 39:6 Then they made the beryl stones, fixed in twisted frames of gold and cut like the cutting of a stamp, with the names of the children of Israel. (BBE)
Exodus 39:14 There were twelve stones for the twelve tribes of Israel; on every one the name of one of the tribes of Israel was cut, like the cutting of a stamp. (BBE)
Judges 5:22 Then the horse hoofs stamped because of the prancings, the prancings of their strong ones. (Root in WEB JPS ASV BBE)
2 Samuel 22:43 Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth, I did stamp them as the mire of the street, and did spread them abroad. (KJV JPS BBE DBY WBS NAS RSV)
1 Kings 21:8 So she sent a letter in Ahab's name, stamped with his stamp, to the responsible men and the chiefs who were in authority with Naboth. (Root in BBE)
Job 38:14 It is changed like wet earth under a stamp, and is coloured like a robe; (BBE)
Job 41:15 His back is made of lines of plates, joined tight together, one against the other, like a stamp. (BBE)
Jeremiah 32:10 And I put it in writing, stamping it with my stamp, and I took witnesses and put the money into the scales. (Root in BBE)
Ezekiel 6:11 Thus says the Lord Yahweh: Strike with your hand, and stamp with your foot, and say, Alas! because of all the evil abominations of the house of Israel; for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Daniel 6:17 Then they got a stone and put it over the mouth of the hole, and it was stamped with the king's stamp and with the stamp of the lords, so that the decision about Daniel might not be changed. (Root in BBE)