|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. i.) To die; to perish.
2. (v. i.) To perish with hunger; to suffer extreme hunger or want; to be very indigent.
3. (v. i.) To perish or die with cold.
4. (v. t.) To destroy with cold.
5. (v. t.) To kill with hunger; as, maliciously to starve a man is, in law, murder.
6. (v. t.) To distress or subdue by famine; as, to starve a garrison into a surrender.
7. (v. t.) To destroy by want of any kind; as, to starve plans by depriving them of proper light and air.
8. (v. t.) To deprive of force or vigor; to disable.
Starve (3 Occurrences)
Exodus 16:3 and the children of Israel said to them, "We wish that we had died by the hand of Yahweh in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the meat pots, when we ate our fill of bread, for you have brought us out into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger." (See NIV)
Jeremiah 38:9 My lord the king, these men have done evil in all that they have done to Jeremiah the prophet, whom they have cast into the dungeon; and he is likely to die in the place where he is, because of the famine; for there is no more bread in the city. (See NIV)
Zephaniah 2:11 Yahweh will be awesome to them, for he will famish all the gods of the land. Men will worship him, everyone from his place, even all the shores of the nations. (See NAS)