|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Bright; glittering; fiery.
2. (v. t.) To soak in a liquid; to macerate; to extract the essence of by soaking; as, to soften seed by steeping it in water. Often used figuratively.
3. (v. i.) To undergo the process of soaking in a liquid; as, the tea is steeping.
4. (n.) Something steeped, or used in steeping; a fertilizing liquid to hasten the germination of seeds.
5. (n.) A rennet bag.
6. (v. t.) Making a large angle with the plane of the horizon; ascending or descending rapidly with respect to a horizontal line or a level; precipitous; as, a steep hill or mountain; a steep roof; a steep ascent; a steep declivity; a steep barometric gradient.
7. (v. t.) Difficult of access; not easy reached; lofty; elevated; high.
8. (v. t.) Excessive; as, a steep price.
9. (n.) A precipitous place, hill, mountain, rock, or ascent; any elevated object sloping with a large angle to the plane of the horizon; a precipice.
Steep (7 Occurrences)
Matthew 8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters. (KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Mark 5:13 At once Jesus gave them permission. The unclean spirits came out and entered into the pigs. The herd of about two thousand rushed down the steep bank into the sea, and they were drowned in the sea. (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Luke 8:33 The demons came out from the man, and entered into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake, and were drowned. (WEB KJV ASV WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Song of Songs 2:14 O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, In the covert of the steep place, Let me see thy countenance, Let me hear thy voice; For sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely. (ASV NAS)
Isaiah 7:19 And they have come, and rested all of them in the desolate valleys, And in holes of the rocks, and on all the thorns, And on all the commendable things. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 38:20 so that the fish of the sea, and the birds of the sky, and the animals of the field, and all creeping things who creep on the earth, and all the men who are on the surface of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS)
Micah 1:4 The mountains melt under him, and the valleys split apart, like wax before the fire, like waters that are poured down a steep place. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV)