|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A plant from which layers are propagated by bending its branches into the soil.
2. (v. i.) To ramfy; to tiller, as grain; to shoot out suckers.
3. (n.) A single seat with three or four legs and without a back, made in various forms for various uses.
4. (n.) A seat used in evacuating the bowels; hence, an evacuation; a discharge from the bowels.
5. (n.) A stool pigeon, or decoy bird.
6. (n.) A small channel on the side of a vessel, for the dead-eyes of the backstays.
7. (n.) A bishop's seat or see; a bishop-stool.
8. (n.) A bench or form for resting the feet or the knees; a footstool; as, a kneeling stool.
9. (n.) Material, such as oyster shells, spread on the sea bottom for oyster spat to adhere to.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
stool ('obhnayim): It is not clear what the character and purpose of this stool were Septuagint has no reference to it). It seems to have been a chair of a peculiar sort upon which a woman reclined in parturition (Exodus 1:16). The Hebrew word is in the dual number and primarily means "two stones." The only other place where it occurs is Jeremiah 18:3, where it is rendered "wheels" Septuagint epi ton lithon, "on the stones"). In 2 Kings 4:10, the word translated in the King James Version as "stool" (kicce') is in the Revised Version (British and American) more correctly translated "seat."
See also BIRTH-STOOL; SEAT.
Jesse L. Cotton
Stool (6 Occurrences)
Luke 20:43 until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet."' (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Acts 2:35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."' (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 1:13 But which of the angels has he told at any time, "Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet?" and prospered. (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Hebrews 10:13 from that time waiting until his enemies are made the footstool of his feet. (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Exodus 1:16 and he said, "When you perform the duty of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them on the birth stool; if it is a son, then you shall kill him; but if it is a daughter, then she shall live." (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
2 Kings 4:10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither. (KJV JPS WBS)