|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v.) To wander, as from a direct course; to deviate, or go out of the way.
2. (v.) To wander from company, or from the proper limits; to rove at large; to roam; to go astray.
3. (a.) Figuratively, to wander from the path of duty or rectitude; to err.
4. (v. t.) To cause to stray.
5. (v. i.) Having gone astray; strayed; wandering; as, a stray horse or sheep.
6. (n.) Any domestic animal that has an enclosure, or its proper place and company, and wanders at large, or is lost; an estray. Used also figuratively.
7. (n.) The act of wandering or going astray.
Stray (12 Occurrences)
Exodus 22:5 "If a man causes a field or vineyard to be eaten, and lets his animal loose, and it grazes in another man's field, he shall make restitution from the best of his own field, and from the best of his own vineyard. (See NIV)
1 Kings 22:43 He walked in all the way of Asa his father; He didn't turn aside from it, doing that which was right in the eyes of Yahweh: however the high places were not taken away; the people still sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places. (See NIV)
2 Chronicles 20:32 He walked in the way of Asa his father, and didn't turn aside from it, doing that which was right in the eyes of Yahweh. (See NIV)
Psalms 119:10 With my whole heart, I have sought you. Don't let me wander from your commandments. (See NIV)
Psalms 119:21 You have rebuked the proud who are cursed, who wander from your commandments. (See NIV)
Psalms 119:110 The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I haven't gone astray from your precepts. (Root in WEB JPS ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Psalms 119:118 You reject all those who stray from your statutes, for their deceit is in vain. (WEB YLT RSV NIV)
Proverbs 7:25 Don't let your heart turn to her ways. Don't go astray in her paths, (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)
Proverbs 19:27 If you stop listening to instruction, my son, you will stray from the words of knowledge. (WEB DBY NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 1:5 Why will ye be still stricken, that ye revolt more and more? the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. (See JPS)
Isaiah 63:17 O Lord, why do you send us wandering from your ways, making our hearts hard, so that we have no fear of you? Come back, because of your servants, the tribes of your heritage. (See NAS)
Ezekiel 14:11 that the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither defile themselves any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, says the Lord Yahweh. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)