|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To deprive; to bereave; to make destitute; to plunder; especially, to deprive of a covering; to skin; to peel; as, to strip a man of his possession, his rights, his privileges, his reputation; to strip one of his clothes; to strip a beast of his skin; to strip a tree of its bark.
2. (v. t.) To divest of clothing; to uncover.
3. (v. t.) To dismantle; as, to strip a ship of rigging, spars, etc.
4. (v. t.) To pare off the surface of, as land, in strips.
5. (v. t.) To deprive of all milk; to milk dry; to draw the last milk from; hence, to milk with a peculiar movement of the hand on the teats at the last of a milking; as, to strip a cow.
6. (v. t.) To pass; to get clear of; to outstrip.
7. (v. t.) To pull or tear off, as a covering; to remove; to wrest away; as, to strip the skin from a beast; to strip the bark from a tree; to strip the clothes from a man's back; to strip away all disguises.
8. (v. t.) To tear off (the thread) from a bolt or nut; as, the thread is stripped.
9. (v. t.) To tear off the thread from (a bolt or nut); as, the bolt is stripped.
10. (v. t.) To remove the metal coating from (a plated article), as by acids or electrolytic action.
11. (v. t.) To remove fiber, flock, or lint from; -- said of the teeth of a card when it becomes partly clogged.
12. (v. t.) To pick the cured leaves from the stalks of (tobacco) and tie them into hands; to remove the midrib from (tobacco leaves).
13. (v. i.) To take off, or become divested of, clothes or covering; to undress.
14. (v. i.) To fail in the thread; to lose the thread, as a bolt, screw, or nut. See Strip, v. t., 8.
15. (n.) A narrow piece, or one comparatively long; as, a strip of cloth; a strip of land.
16. (n.) A trough for washing ore.
17. (n.) The issuing of a projectile from a rifled gun without acquiring the spiral motion.
Strip (33 Occurrences)
Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns that you have seen--and the Wild Beast--these will hate the Harlot, and they will cause her to be laid waste and will strip her bare. They will eat her flesh, and burn her up with fire. (WEY)
Genesis 37:23 It happened, when Joseph came to his brothers, that they stripped Joseph of his coat, the coat of many colors that was on him; (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Leviticus 19:10 And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather the fallen fruit of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and for the stranger: I am the LORD your God. (See RSV)
Numbers 20:26 and strip Aaron of his garments, and put them on Eleazar his son: and Aaron shall be gathered to his people, and shall die there." (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)
1 Samuel 31:8 It happened on the next day, when the Philistines came to strip the slain, that they found Saul and his three sons fallen on Mount Gilboa. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 31:9 They cut off his head, and stripped off his armor, and sent into the land of the Philistines all around, to carry the news to the house of their idols, and to the people. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
2 Samuel 2:21 Abner said to him, "Turn aside to your right hand or to your left, and grab one of the young men, and take his armor." But Asahel would not turn aside from following him. (See NIV)
2 Samuel 23:10 He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword; and Jehovah wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to take spoil. (See JPS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
1 Chronicles 10:8 It happened on the next day, when the Philistines came to strip the slain, that they found Saul and his sons fallen on Mount Gilboa. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
1 Chronicles 10:9 They stripped him, and took his head, and his armor, and sent into the land of the Philistines all around, to carry the news to their idols, and to the people. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
2 Chronicles 29:34 Only, the priests have become few, and have not been able to strip the whole of the burnt-offerings, and their brethren the Levites strengthen them till the completion of the work, and till the priests sanctify themselves, for the Levites 'are' more upright of heart to sanctify themselves than the priests. (YLT)
Job 22:6 For you have taken pledges from your brother for nothing, and stripped the naked of their clothing. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Job 41:13 Who can strip off his outer garment? Who shall come within his jaws? (WEB ASV NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 27:10 For the strong town is without men, an unpeopled living-place; and she has become a waste land: there the young ox will take his rest, and its branches will be food for him. (See RSV NIV)
Isaiah 32:11 Tremble, you women who are at ease! Be troubled, you careless ones! Strip yourselves, make yourselves naked, and put sackcloth on your waist. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 45:1 Thus says Yahweh to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have held, to subdue nations before him, and strip kings of their armor; to open the doors before him, and the gates shall not be shut: (WEB NIV)
Isaiah 47:2 Take the millstones, and grind meal; remove your veil, strip off the train, uncover the leg, pass through the rivers. (WEB JPS ASV NAS RSV)
Jeremiah 5:10 Go ye up into her rows, and destroy, but make not a full end; take away her shoots; for they are not the LORD'S. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Lamentations 4:21 Rejoice and be glad, daughter of Edom, that dwell in the land of Uz: The cup shall pass through to you also; you shall be drunken, and shall make yourself naked. (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 16:37 therefore see, I will gather all your lovers, with whom you have taken pleasure, and all those who you have loved, with all those who you have hated; I will even gather them against you on every side, and will uncover your nakedness to them, that they may see all your nakedness. (See NIV)
Ezekiel 16:39 I will also give you into their hand, and they shall throw down your vaulted place, and break down your lofty places; and they shall strip you of your clothes, and take your beautiful jewels; and they shall leave you naked and bare. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 23:26 They shall also strip you of your clothes, and take away your beautiful jewels. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 26:16 Then all the princes of the sea shall come down from their thrones, and lay aside their robes, and strip off their embroidered garments: they shall clothe themselves with trembling; they shall sit on the ground, and shall tremble every moment, and be astonished at you. (WEB JPS ASV YLT NAS RSV)
Ezekiel 32:15 When I shall make the land of Egypt desolate and waste, a land destitute of that of which it was full, when I shall strike all those who dwell therein, then shall they know that I am Yahweh. (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 44:19 And in their going forth unto the outer court -- unto the outer court unto the people -- they strip off their garments, in which they are ministering, and have placed them in the holy chambers, and have put on other garments; and they do not sanctify the people in their own garments. (YLT)
Daniel 4:14 He cried aloud, and said thus, Cut down the tree, and cut off its branches, shake off its leaves, and scatter its fruit: let the animals get away from under it, and the fowls from its branches. (See NAS RSV NIV)
Hosea 2:3 Lest I strip her naked, and make her bare as in the day that she was born, and make her like a wilderness, and set her like a dry land, and kill her with thirst. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Hosea 13:15 Though he is fruitful among his brothers, an east wind will come, the breath of Yahweh coming up from the wilderness; and his spring will become dry, and his fountain will be dried up. He will plunder the storehouse of treasure. (See RSV)
Micah 2:8 But lately my people have risen up as an enemy. You strip the robe and clothing from those who pass by without a care, returning from battle. (WEB JPS ASV DBY YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Micah 3:3 And who have eaten the flesh of My people, And their skin from off them have stript, And their bones they have broken, And they have spread 'them' out as in a pot, And as flesh in the midst of a caldron. (Root in YLT NAS NIV)
Nahum 3:16 You have increased your merchants more than the stars of the skies. The grasshopper strips, and flees away. (Root in WEB YLT NAS NIV)
Habakkuk 3:9 You uncovered your bow. You called for your sworn arrows. Selah. You split the earth with rivers. (See RSV)
Zechariah 9:4 Behold, the Lord will dispossess her, and he will strike her power in the sea; and she will be devoured with fire. (See RSV)