|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) An instrument used by the ancients in writing on tablets covered with wax, having one of its ends sharp, and the other blunt, and somewhat expanded, for the purpose of making erasures by smoothing the wax.
2. (v. t.) Hence, anything resembling the ancient style in shape or use.
3. (n.) A pen; an author's pen.
4. (n.) A sharp-pointed tool used in engraving; a graver.
5. (n.) A kind of blunt-pointed surgical instrument.
6. (n.) A long, slender, bristle like process, as the anal styles of insects.
7. (n.) The pin, or gnomon, of a dial, the shadow of which indicates the hour. See Gnomon.
8. (n.) The elongated part of a pistil between the ovary and the stigma.
9. (v. t.) Mode of expressing thought in language, whether oral or written; especially, such use of language in the expression of thought as exhibits the spirit and faculty of an artist; choice or arrangement of words in discourse; rhetorical expression.
10. (v. t.) Mode of presentation, especially in music or any of the fine arts; a characteristic of peculiar mode of developing in idea or accomplishing a result.
11. (v. t.) Conformity to a recognized standard; manner which is deemed elegant and appropriate, especially in social demeanor; fashion.
12. (v. t.) Mode or phrase by which anything is formally designated; the title; the official designation of any important body; mode of address; as, the style of Majesty.
13. (n.) A mode of reckoning time, with regard to the Julian and Gregorian calendars.
14. (v. t.) To entitle; to term, name, or call; to denominate.
Style (5 Occurrences)
Acts 24:14 But this I confess to you--that in the way which they style a heresy, I worship the God of our forefathers, believing everything that is taught in the Law or is written in the Prophets, (WEY)
Ephesians 2:11 Therefore, do not forget that formerly you were Gentiles as to your bodily condition. You were called the Uncircumcision by those who style themselves the Circumcised--their circumcision being one which the knife has effected. (WEY)
Job 19:24 That with an iron style and lead they were graven in the rock for ever! (DBY)
Isaiah 8:1 And Jehovah said to me, Take thee a great tablet, and write thereon with a man's style, concerning Maher-shalal-hash-baz. (DBY)
Jeremiah 17:1 The sin of Judah is written with a style of iron, with the point of a diamond, engraven upon the tablet of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars; (DBY)