|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To write underneath, as one's name; to sign (one's name) to a document.
2. (v. t.) To sign with one's own hand; to give consent to, as something written, or to bind one's self to the terms of, by writing one's name beneath; as, parties subscribe a covenant or contract; a man subscribes a bond.
3. (v. t.) To attest by writing one's name beneath; as, officers subscribe their official acts, and secretaries and clerks subscribe copies or records.
4. (v. t.) To promise to give, by writing one's name with the amount; as, each man subscribed ten dollars.
5. (v. t.) To sign away; to yield; to surrender.
6. (v. t.) To declare over one's signature; to publish.
7. (v. i.) To sign one's name to a letter or other document.
8. (v. i.) To give consent to something written, by signing one's name; hence, to assent; to agree.
9. (v. i.) To become surely; -- with for.
10. (v. i.) To yield; to admit one's self to be inferior or in the wrong.
11. (v. i.) To set one's name to a paper in token of promise to give a certain sum.
12. (v. i.) To enter one's name for a newspaper, a book, etc.
Subscribe (2 Occurrences)
Nehemiah 9:38 And yet for all this we make a sure covenant, and write it; and our princes, our Levites, and our priests, seal unto it. (See JPS)
Isaiah 44:5 One shall say, I am the LORD's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the LORD, and surname himself by the name of Israel. (KJV JPS ASV WBS)