|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) Thin; not dense or gross; rare; as, subtle air; subtle vapor; a subtle medium.
2. (a.) Delicately constituted or constructed; nice; fine; delicate; tenuous; finely woven.
3. (a.) Acute; piercing; searching.
4. (a.) Characterized by nicety of discrimination; discerning; delicate; refined; subtle.
5. (a.) Sly; artful; cunning; crafty; subtle; as, a subtle person; a subtle adversary; a subtle scheme.
Subtile (4 Occurrences)
Genesis 3:1 And the serpent hath been subtile above every beast of the field which Jehovah God hath made, and he saith unto the woman, 'Is it true that God hath said, Ye do not eat of every tree of the garden?' (YLT)
1 Samuel 23:22 go, I pray you, prepare yet, and know and see his place where his foot is; who hath seen him there? for 'one' hath said unto me, He is very subtile. (YLT)
Job 5:12 Making void thoughts of the subtile, And their hands do not execute wisdom. (YLT)
Job 15:5 For thy mouth teacheth thine iniquity, And thou chooseth the tongue of the subtile. (YLT)